By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Firmware 3.21 Causing Lots of Problems

TheNoobHolocaust said:
I haven't had a problem with any of the firmwares at all, stop blaming the f'n firmwares, this has gone on for way too long!

Those "f'n firmwares" broke my PS3. I sure will blame them.

Around the Network

This is why every time I update firmware in one of my consoles, I record it, so I have proof that the firmware fucked up my console (if it should ever happen).

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

this is the first time i've ever had a problem with my PS3, and i've had it since day 1.

it seems a little odd that the exact same problem happened to my brother just after the update.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

I've had no problems with firmware updates dating back to Jan 2007.

i haven't yet updated to 3.21, just had installed yellow dog linux 6.2 a few weeks ago...didn;t want to lose that.

Around the Network

Never had a problem with a firmware update, nor do I know anyone who had problems. This is just a case of people blaming the update for some other problem.

Threads like those happen with every update...

4 ≈ One

And yet my fat, 60 gig, BC enabled, launch PS3 keeps on chuggin!

(knocks on wood)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I am going to guess and say, class action suite. I would imagine many many people will be pissed with the loss of Linux. And useually those linux guys are the most vocal part of the community.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I think the updates are problems themselves, it should not take me more than half an hour to download a friggin update. Then put in my new game which needs another long install. Then it freezes from overheating from keeping it on that long. It's just like the MAG beta!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*