By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Firmware 3.21 Causing Lots of Problems

PlayStation 3 firmware 3.21 causing lots of problems

At the end of March, Sony released a firmware update, 3.21, for the PlayStation 3 that removed the “install other OS” option and locked out people who used another platform through dual-booting. That probably angered more than a few gamers out here in San Francisco.

It was pretty hard to avoid the update too since it started seeding when you logged into the PlayStation Network.

The issues that have arisen today actually are affecting people that merely updated to the new firmware version. If you head on over to the PlayStation Forums, you can see that the 3.21 update is causing headaches to a ton of different users with a bunch of different issues.

Those issues include not being able to log into the PlayStation Network whatsoever, not being able to turn on the PS3 at all which is a really big issue, freezing while trying to update, the inability to load a disc, loss of picture and sound with HDMI and slow loading times on the web.

Obviously, these are some pretty huge issues and that’s just a small sampling. I am a curious person, and happen to have a PS3 in the house and I can say that nothing affecting us here but how about the rest of you in San Francisco?

Are you having problems?

The list on those forums is large and it’s still growing, so if you are, head over there and voice your concerns or leave a comment below.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

I'm sure I'll get reamed for even thinking this, but don't I hear about these kind of issues every time the PS3 gets a firmware update?

You would think Sony would have this process figured out by now...

I actually agree with twest for once. Sonys updates cause problems a lot. My Ps3 is fine though, I didn't have a problem with the 2010 bug either though. 80gb mgs bundle

every time twestern, it is complete bullshit that every time they release an update there is always something wrong with it, the ps3 has had this option since day one why would it matter if they had to wait a little bit longer to make sure the update wouldnt cause anyone problems? Between every piece of content on xbox live having some sort of problem and every damn update from sony having some sort of problem Ive come to the conclusion that there need to be more than a few people fired and hired, I mean the freakin date thing was unbelievable that something like that could happen in the first place. Talk about lazy.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

And also what a fuckin triple slap in the face for some users, imagine being the one who actually used this feature, have it taken away and get nothing in return, only to find out that your ps3 just bricked, you cant sign in for however long or a multitude of other issues. Man id be pissed.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

The thing about sony updates, is that they are very, very, fragile.. (Fra-Gi-Le)

Look at the PSP, must be fully charged in order to do the update, if the PSP turns off during an update your Fked..

Same with the PS3, so many cautions not to turn off PS3 during an install.

I've turned off my other consoles and PC's in the middle of an update with no effect, it just continued or restarted the install.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

lol they fail everytime.

My HDD broke because of an update once.

twesterm is right, every single time there´s a new firmware for the PS3, lots of problems are sure to follow.

I turned my Ps3 off during install all the time. Nothing happened to it. You aren't suppose to turn off your computer either. It isnt just the Ps3

LOL everytime theres an update i hear this , but it has never happened to me