By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Firmware 3.21 Causing Lots of Problems

None of these problems people have, have ever effected me, I think everyone is lying to me just to make me feel like the black sheep!

Well done people! D:

Around the Network
letsdance said:
I turned my Ps3 off during install all the time. Nothing happened to it. You aren't suppose to turn off your computer either. It isnt just the Ps3

Out of all the updates my PC got and the times I turned it off in the middle, never did I have a problem with my PC after, other then maybe redownloading the update.

Turned off my PS3 in the middle of an update last year, and I could no longer install games on my 160gig hard drive, would get an error and freeze when installing Fat Princess or VC.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

And history repeats itself, sony should really start testing better their new firmware before releasing them

sega4life said:
letsdance said:
I turned my Ps3 off during install all the time. Nothing happened to it. You aren't suppose to turn off your computer either. It isnt just the Ps3

Out of all the updates my PC got and the times I turned it off in the middle, never did I have a problem with my PC after, other then maybe redownloading the update.

Turned off my PS3 in the middle of an update last year, and I could no longer install games on my 160gig hard drive, would get an error and freeze when installing Fat Princess or VC.

Ok... thats nice... but you arent suppose to turn any electronic device off when the storage unit is being accessed. USB Drives, MP3 players, Ps1/2/3, PC's, ect ect

never had one problem with an update

Around the Network
sega4life said:
letsdance said:

same goes for cell phones , the ones I have anyway.

I guess it has something to do with making the os simple , light ... and shitty.

i lost sound in my games the other day, but i jus turned it off and on again and it was working fine. IT know how for you! ;)

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.

ive had a problem with a blu ray disc not showing up on the XMB then i just turn off my ps3 and turned it back on and it was there thank god, lol i almost had a panic attack

I guess it was a good idea that I used that DNS trick and bypassed the need for an update.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I'm suspicious of everyone who complains about firmware crashes their ps3s, I think it's just naff.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?