By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Firmware 3.21 Causing Lots of Problems

damndl0ser said:
I am going to guess and say, class action suite. I would imagine many many people will be pissed with the loss of Linux. And useually those linux guys are the most vocal part of the community.

Well, until they have to leave their parents basement.  That combover/ponytail combo and suspenders are embarassing!

Around the Network

This is BS. I have 4 ps3's in my house, all different models. None has ever had updating issues and all but one are connected via wifi

I cant connect to PSN anymore since the update

Happens every update, the odd few people that get's there PS3 screw up just makes there voices heard is all. Really it's very few people that this happens and the majority is perfectly fine but just doesn't say anything because there really is no need.

95% of the claims are false.

Around the Network

Every update supposedly causes an assload of problems, yet every time an update happens, it never happens to anyone I know (in real life or here on VGChartz).

I think people that happen to have any issues around a firmware update are quick to blame it on the firmware update, thus a thread always pops up on the official forums.

I think it's a little ridiculous that people are pulling this "I don't know anyone that had a problem, so I don't believe it's true". A friend of mine brought this up the other day, she doesn't know anyone with HIV (nor do I) so it's obviously not real right? Or not a big deal? Awful logic.

It's also crazy timing that with almost EVERY firmware update, there are issues. I don't think this is a coincidence. What about the clock thing (yeah I went there), if they could mess that up, is it really so far-fetched that they could have little issues with all these firmware updates? I mean, it's a clock, it's not theoretical physics.

But I do also think it's blown out of proportion, but to just play it off as "not a big deal" is kind of rude to those that are having issues from this. Maybe after the first or second time I'd say "maybe it's a coincidence" but how many times has this happened now?

I think it's possible that this is all just a coincidence, but I would never just assume that. I think it's more likely that these updates are causing little problems here and there, and they'll be worked out eventually, hopefully.

120 gb slim no problems with downloading , installing or playing games movies tv shows or anything after update..

Funny how lots of people who didnt even have PS3s went ape shit when Sony removed other OS and now this . .

Random Canadian said:
120 gb slim no problems with downloading , installing or playing games movies tv shows or anything after update..

Funny how lots of people who didnt even have PS3s went ape shit when Sony removed other OS and now this . .

Like someone owning 20 PS3, and not one has a problem? (exaggerating)

It doesn't matter who it is, if you make updates that consistently effect users with every update, then you need a better system.

Taking features out of a system 3 years later is for another f'en thread.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

r505Matt said:
I think it's a little ridiculous that people are pulling this "I don't know anyone that had a problem, so I don't believe it's true". A friend of mine brought this up the other day, she doesn't know anyone with HIV (nor do I) so it's obviously not real right? Or not a big deal? Awful logic.

It's also crazy timing that with almost EVERY firmware update, there are issues. I don't think this is a coincidence. What about the clock thing (yeah I went there), if they could mess that up, is it really so far-fetched that they could have little issues with all these firmware updates? I mean, it's a clock, it's not theoretical physics.

But I do also think it's blown out of proportion, but to just play it off as "not a big deal" is kind of rude to those that are having issues from this. Maybe after the first or second time I'd say "maybe it's a coincidence" but how many times has this happened now?

I think it's possible that this is all just a coincidence, but I would never just assume that. I think it's more likely that these updates are causing little problems here and there, and they'll be worked out eventually, hopefully.