By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want sony to do different next gen?

dirkd2323 said:
Nothing, Sony brought the best console to the market, they take risks with great technology, and it always pays off, Sony has great games , and a great value. Sony has a vision with there consoles, they know they won't make a ton of money in a few years, but its the comitment to excellence, and a ten year life cycle that works. They put the technology into the unit, so it lasts, when you buy the console you know for many years you will have support, and great games. I think they did a great job, this gen, keep it up

what this guy said..... unlike gamers today (who aren't even gamers) I could give a fuck about market share and sales, just give me super awesome games, just like the ps3 has, take risk idc as long as it pays off.

p.s. the ps2 and ps1 market share and sales are among the lowest things that made those consoles the best that they were.

Around the Network

From a video game fan stand point, I don't want them to do anything differently. I don't mind paying the extra $100 or so for their console.

Pricing, choice of traditional and motion controls, at least two general purpose cores and enough RAM to finally allow PS to be a home PC replacement. Avoiding chasing either Nintendo or MS, being different.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Maybe release a super deluxe PS4 for technophiles, next to a cheap entry model for the kids.

I would gladly have paid much more for my PS3 if it had a DVR tuner/software integrated. For many a higher entry pricing isn't much of a problem for others it's crucial (but usually they join at a later date when enough budget priced games are available).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

And of course better marketing than they did around the PS3's launch. It was weird at times, but now it's fine. It even seemed intentional...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

revive some of their old IP's like Siphone filter and Legend of dragoon + no $600 launch price, thats all I want.

The only thing id like from sony is a new controller,i hate the position of the wobbly sticks so much that i had to get a converter so i could use an 360 controller,its so much better on KZ2 and MW2 apart from that nothing.

I want Sony to have more and better quality "westernized" games. I love many of the Xbox 360 games, but Sony makes their products/consoles so much more reliable. I had my second RRoD last week, and I was in the middle of playing Mass Effect 2. I have my original PS3 still working perfectly. Trust me, if Mass Effect were multi-platform, I would have purchased the PS3 version. Anyway, it's more a wish for the game companies than Sony, but I wish that more of my style games were made for Playstation, so that I didn't have to get them for Microsoft's console (or MS, make a better quality console). I love the Tom Clancy's games, but Ubisoft makes them so much better for the console that keeps breaking.

HappyHenry said:
The only thing id like from sony is a new controller,i hate the position of the wobbly sticks so much that i had to get a converter so i could use an 360 controller,its so much better on KZ2 and MW2 apart from that nothing.

Isn't that something to consider for 3rd party controller producers? The dual stick configuration makes much more sense than the 360 configuration, speaking from my field of expertise.

They could loose customers over this. Maybe having the gamepads available in different sizes could be a good idea though (not that I need it, even with my huge hands).

PS3 vs 360 sales

Sony needs to push even harder next time. In all honesty they need to put out the best tech on the market, and sell it at a gain. If that means a $1000 so be it.

I don't think new systems are coming tell at least 2014, and I think in the next 3 years both Sony and Microsoft are going to show just how important a device these systems have become. I see consoles turning into our digital HUB. They will be a place we hop into, in 3 deminsional space, using motion, and voice. The HUB's will be the place were we set our daily activities, plan, schedual, communicate, explore, and learn. These will be linked directly with portable devices across a network. Plans, events, contacts, everything will be one across both devices. From the HUB you will be able to set reminders for yoursefl from your mobile device for later in the day. From your mobile device you will be able to set reminders for once you arrive home.These entertainment devices are the most powerful pieces of tech most poeple have in their homes, and in thier pocket. More and more industries are seeing this, and getting intrigued.

With that said. I feel that by the time PS4 will be coming out People will finally have dropped the idea of these devices being simple kids toys. People will understand that these devices are the next evolution of the home computer. A simpler, faster, safer way to handle all of the digital nessecities. Keeping that in mind. I think that these mature people will understand inflation. They will know that the $600 price tag in Nov 06 is the equivilant of $645.38 as of Febuary of 2010.

So what I want to see from PS4 is a device that has amazing tech, a writeable disc drive. massive storage, card readers, a digital display for time/date/temp/movie sessions, a network/cloud for any digital content I can imagine. That is what I want from Sony, that is what I want from Microsoft, and that is what I want from Nintendo. No more dicking around next gen. The tech will be ready, the scifi fantasy of a super computer in 3D, in you living room, controlled by you, becomes reality.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL