By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want sony to do different next gen?

nothing

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
1. Dont get beaten to launch by Microsoft. They are a bigger company and will hang on to a lead tenaciously using their cash reserves.

2. Price competitively.

3. Some decent lauch games would be nice.

4. DO NOT trash talk the competition. Ridiculing the motion control casuals then chasing after them like a love struck teenager 3 years down the line is NOT COOL !

All three companies have done this.

All three have trashed talked, but only SONY have done so and then imitated the thing they trashed.

It looks like the company lacks conviction in its product and runs the risk of looking like a panicked knee jerk reaction.

1. Be cheaper

2. No multiple SKUs

3. Try and keep exclusives/time exclusives better (ie DMC, GTA, Tekken, FF, etc. etc.)

4. Do not delay games so much

5. Try and be a leader and not the follower

6. Full backward compatibility (PS3, PS2 and PS1)

1. Keep all the extranious crap out of the base model. Either charge extra or release a stand which has all the funky extra features like wireless HD transmission etc but keep this at no more than $100 greater than the base price.

2. Work with other TV and accessory manufacturers and use open standards. Google TV or MS Live TV or other will eat your lunch if 80% of the market goes one way whilst you go the other. PSN is a fine network but there are bigger ones out there and to the biggest go the majority of the spoils.

3. Introduce relevant and cool technology like 3D glasses with the display printed onto the inside to open up new markets and new ways to enjoy content.

4. All media content should be portable to and from the PS4 and all content bought on the PSN service should work on the majority of all devices without issue, I.E. DRM. Also content bought in one place should work in all places. If I have a Toshiba laptop I should be able to log into PSN and watch anything I bought from the store anywhere I can get enough bandwidth to do so.

5. Games are still the primary focus so no more than $399 at launch please.

6. Don't forget there are other markets like education, health etc and work with both a wide spectrum and large numbers overall of other providers. Furthermore don't neglect the idea of an application store ontop of a game store. Let others come in and use the console in interesting and market relevant ways as well, don't try to hog the limelight on everything.

7. Consumers don't like to wait. The PS3 has been the worst offender for stupid U.I and business decisions in relation to content updates, patches, compulsary installs and the time it takes to load a game. People should be able to be playing a game of their choosing within 30s of hitting the start button at least 75% of the time. If people have to wait you're doing it wrong.

Tease.

CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
1. Dont get beaten to launch by Microsoft. They are a bigger company and will hang on to a lead tenaciously using their cash reserves.

2. Price competitively.

4. DO NOT trash talk the competition. Ridiculing the motion control casuals then chasing after them like a love struck teenager 3 years down the line is NOT COOL !

All three have trashed talked, but only SONY have done so and then imitated the thing they trashed.

It looks like the company lacks conviction in its product and runs the risk of looking like a panicked knee jerk reaction.

Microsoft trashed talked Nintendo, then invented the avatars. All companies do it and none should be singled out for it.

I agree they all do it. Though for the life of me I cannot remember Nintendo stooping so low this gen.

They should all be pulled up for it however. We cannot just stick our collective head in the sand.

Its a dispicable business practice.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:

2. Price competitively.

Microsoft trashed talked Nintendo, then invented the avatars. All companies do it and none should be singled out for it.

I agree they all do it. Though for the life of me I cannot remember Nintendo stooping so low this gen.

They should all be pulled up for it however. We cannot just stick our collective head in the sand.

Can't argue with that.

the last thread i was in pissed me off. (no punt intended) the one about natal and MS. but im glad to see commn ground. CG. you know i got made respect for you. i guse i'll haft to add cypher to the list.

CGI-Quality said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:

2. Price competitively.

Can't argue with that.

the last thread i was in pissed me off. (no punt intended) the one about natal and MS. but im glad to see commen ground. CG. you know i got made respect for you. i guse i'll haft to add cypher to the lest.

* humbled *

thats all im looking for. commen ground?