By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want sony to do different next gen?

Fireburden5 said:
Chairman-Mao said:
1. $299 or less at launch. No excuses. People don't want value (built in blu-ray, built in wifi, etc.) they want low price.

2. Preferably just 1 SKU, but definitely no more than 2. Too many different SKU's confuses people.

3. Good launch lineup. Have something like Gran Turismo 6 and LittleBigPlanet 2 right at launch. PS3 (arguably) had nothing worth buying until late 2007.

4. Don't force motion controls or 3D on us. Make them both optional. Pack in a regular controller and make people buy the PS move separately if they want it.

5. Launch the same time as the Next Xbox/Wii. Don't be a year late. Also launch simultaneously in North America and Europe. Sony pretty much said "fuck you" to Europe by launching the PS3 5 months later than North America.

Do all this and Playstation is back on top.

1. Yes, when i go out i look for the cheap alternative which will constantly break and one that i will have to spend even more money buying peripherals for which should have been included in the console from the start.

2. Exactly, get rid of all choice and force the people to buy one console! Casual and hardcore alike!

3. Think about it, Sony probably finished the PS3 model up to half a year before it came out. So giving game companies a few months to design a good game with new technology might not be thhe best idea. Don't get me wrong i want some decent games on release but expecting ground breaking games from new technology in the first few months isn't going to happen. It's took 3 years for companies to fully use all the power of the PS3's cell.

4. Agreed.

5. Agreed.

both well said. just a better laungch overall.

4. i partially agree with this one. don't have anything seperate. i have a problem with move not being bundled with 2 move controlers(considering most of the games shown so far need two of them)! if its for the console it should come with the console! move is not a game; so it should be treated as hardware.

5. i partially agree with this. sure coming out one yr late is a burdon, but don't forget? PS3 did sell 16m units in it's first two yr's ware as 360 only sold 13m in there first two.

3. im alittle backwards but i do agree with you chairman. it would be nice but i don't see uncharted coming to PS4? but a good lineup would put them ahead and keep them there.

2. chairman and fireburden is right on the money. one sku! but i would add the ability to up grade the wardrive online.

1. chairman i value your op, but i only partialy agree. People do want value built in blu-ray, built in wifi, etc but they want it at a low price point. the problem is they want it all but not everyboy understands that value cost money. and $299.99 is a great price point, but my friend you know nintendo? they will price theres at 249.99. it never changes. and like you i beleave $299.99 is a competing price point.

and firebird. i just haft to agree on all points.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Just realizing how old this thread is. Why the bump?

E3 my friend.

Chairman-Mao said:
1. $299 or less at launch. No excuses. People don't want value (built in blu-ray, built in wifi, etc.) they want low price.

2. Preferably just 1 SKU, but definitely no more than 2. Too many different SKU's confuses people.

3. Good launch lineup. Have something like Gran Turismo 6 and LittleBigPlanet 2 right at launch. PS3 (arguably) had nothing worth buying until late 2007.

4. Don't force motion controls or 3D on us. Make them both optional. Pack in a regular controller and make people buy the PS move separately if they want it.

5. Launch the same time as the Next Xbox/Wii. Don't be a year late. Also launch simultaneously in North America and Europe. Sony pretty much said "fuck you" to Europe by launching the PS3 5 months later than North America.

Haven't you heard the news?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs0T5l24JL0

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

CGI-Quality said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
CGI-Quality said:

E3 my friend.

A 1 month early bump? O_o

well. some thinkg it will be bigg, and some think natal and move are going to fail. i think its more of sony gamers not wantting to see them repeat the mistakes of the past! and some probably had it book marked?

Herbie95 said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Haven't you heard the news?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs0T5l24JL0

thanks herbie i was fillen down, and then all of a suden out of the sky? look! it's a bird, its a plane, no it's LBP. 2. but i think chariman typed a miss print. i remember seeing him in the forum for LBP2. but LBP3 at laungch would be good and possibly the last LBP?

Around the Network

Sony needs to purchase some small developers for minis to ensure a large constant stream of content which can work on both PSP2 and PS4.

Widen the genres of games they publish(J/WRPGs, puzzlers, platformers, fighters, and strategy games are all under represented)

Enough free video content on PSN that people will be tuning in like a tv channel.

Singstar games with music marketed at young African American people.

huaxiong90 said:

Release their console at an affordable price.

I also want them to make a game of every genre. I've yet to see Sony develop a WRPG.

Didn't Sony make the Everquest series? Granted it's an MMO, but it's still a WRPG. 

nitekrawler1285 said:
Sony needs to purchase some small developers for minis to ensure a large constant stream of content which can work on both PSP2 and PS4.

Widen the genres of games they publish(J/WRPGs, puzzlers, platformers, fighters, and strategy games are all under represented)

Enough free video content on PSN that people will be tuning in like a tv channel.

Singstar games with music marketed at young African American people.

all great ideas. i can get behind this!

I think a stronger launch lineup would bemore preferable than the PS3's, also I'd like to see them continue with Kevin Butler commercials, there always full of win!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

CGI-Quality said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
CGI-Quality said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
CGI-Quality said:

E3 my friend.

A 1 month early bump? O_o

well. some thinkg it will be bigg, and some think natal and move are going to fail. i think its more of sony gamers not wantting to see them repeat the mistakes of the past! and some probably had it book marked?

Could be....

just think. PS3 owners have been hurting for yr's. they've taken abeatting on every forum for three yr's definding the PS3. if sony does what they did this gen next gen! they miteiswell call it quits?