By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want sony to do different next gen?

Release their console at an affordable price.

I also want them to make a game of every genre. I've yet to see Sony develop a WRPG.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

MORE R P GS!

Nothing too extraordinary tech wise............i mean PS3 did its part for the next tech evolution with the cell , blu-ray etc. For the next PS i want a PS 3.5 at $299

1 do not follow up on 3d games ( i dont think anybody wants to wear 3d glasses as the play games )

2 make psn so it can compete with xbl (i wouldn't mind paying for it )

Cheaper than $600!! And full disc based BC. (Or software based if you can somehow download the games you own on the system, yeah it is a long shot)

Around the Network
Chairman-Mao said:
1. $299 or less at launch. No excuses. People don't want value (built in blu-ray, built in wifi, etc.) they want low price.

2. Preferably just 1 SKU, but definitely no more than 2. Too many different SKU's confuses people.

3. Good launch lineup. Have something like Gran Turismo 6 and LittleBigPlanet 2 right at launch. PS3 (arguably) had nothing worth buying until late 2007.

4. Don't force motion controls or 3D on us. Make them both optional. Pack in a regular controller and make people buy the PS move separately if they want it.

5. Launch the same time as the Next Xbox/Wii. Don't be a year late. Also launch simultaneously in North America and Europe. Sony pretty much said "fuck you" to Europe by launching the PS3 5 months later than North America.

Do all this and Playstation is back on top.

1. Yes, when i go out i look for the cheap alternative which will constantly break and one that i will have to spend even more money buying peripherals for which should have been included in the console from the start.

2. Exactly, get rid of all choice and force the people to buy one console! Casual and hardcore alike!

3. Think about it, Sony probably finished the PS3 model up to half a year before it came out. So giving game companies a few months to design a good game with new technology might not be thhe best idea. Don't get me wrong i want some decent games on release but expecting ground breaking games from new technology in the first few months isn't going to happen. It's took 3 years for companies to fully use all the power of the PS3's cell.

4. Agreed.

5. Agreed.

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.

Keep making great games, and also better pricing.

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

1. Have emulated BC for PS1 'and' PS2 games.
2. Have the Hardware for BC PS3 games (Cell, RSX, Blu-ray Drive)
3. More system memory at least 2GB of it.
4. Blu-ray drive that can read at least 8X (I'm sure internal BD drives can do up to 16X by this time).
5. Downloadable PS2 games (very likely to happen)
6. All downloads can be DL'd in backround.
7. Just have a better Cell and RSX chip to keep costs down instead of completely new tech (this way they could easily launch at around $399)

Sony will have to do some thing differently

1. It will have to put a bigger emphasis on the PSN, so that it can sell the online high-margin network games.

2. It will definitely have to not come in as a uber-overpriced product, as future die shrinks wont be as dramatic therefore Sony realizes that they wont be able to start off with something a bit more advanced but a lot more expensive.

3.It will need to offer some more premium services for the PSN, like an online storage so that you can switch games around on your HD, more MMO's on HOME, and so forth.

4. Finally, no new technologies that are in their stages of infancy.

2 Things - Timing of the launch and Price

I doubt they will get out of the gate before the next Ninty and Microsoft system, however I think them lagging behind MS this gen really hurt them, they are slowly starting to catch up on software sales now though.

I have a lot of friends who will buy multiplayer games for 360 because everyone has one, and not everyone has a PS3. I was one of those people as well, as I was frustrated with not being able to find a PS3 anywhere I looked so I bought a 360 to "tide" me over.

Regarding price, I could be wrong on this, and I am sure if I am then I will get 20 replies telling me so, but I think the biggest reason for the cost of the PS3 was probably due to the BD player, I bought a launch PS3 and paid the $599 or $699 (?) price at the time, however, BD players that weren't even upgradeable at the time were selling for $100-$200 more than that.

If PS4 goes with a different storage media for it's system and that jacks the price up again, I will be disappointed in Sony (but will still buy the Ps4 - might have to get a second job)

However, I think they should/will stick with BD for the storage media and by the time the PS4 launches I think the cost for them to manufacture the drives will be minimal, and depending on the other specs - I think the price will be a more reasonable price (maybe not $299 - even PS2 Launch price was higher than that)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos