By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want sony to do different next gen?

Release cheap and first. I know that doesn't make much sense since they released last this gen but since they'll likely be the only manufactuer to keep supporting there past system an early release of the PS4 shouldn't harm the PS3s life-time too much.

As for features and whatnot I want PS3 bc-comp obviously, and PS2 and PSX. I'd also like to be able to buy and play PSP1-2 games on my PS4. This way even those not interested in portable gaming can get into these and it should mean more sales for Sony too.

I want a better, more welcoming UI. Whilst the 360s feels cluttered Sonys feels a little... cold. This can be done easily by giving us better themes allowing users to personalize there own XMB.

Graphics wise I want everything at 1080p, no higher. No need. The graphical standard should be Killzone 2 or higher for every game.

Around the Network

The best possible technology out there pls. I'll buy PS4 even at 699euro with my eyes closed

^^
An higher end model at $600, with a lot of extras like optical recorder, a lot of extra ports, two complete sets of traditional and motion controllers, etc. could be fine if they launch also with an entry level unit at $400 or less. Only a $600 or, worse, even more expensive unit would kill PS4, deep pocketed technophiles are a minority also amongst Sony fans.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

i would want to see a much improved GPU. The CPU is very powerful but its multi-threaded (7 SPEs 1 PPE) but sony already said theyre moving to multi-core. if they design an 8 core CPU and get a GPU that is better than the Xenos GPU for the 360, then even MP games will have better graphics than games like GOW3 and Uncharted 2

Basically what PS4 should feature is:

- $399 launch price (maybe with a $499 limited edition pre-order only version)
- 16x blu-ray drive, 4-8gb of RAM minimum, USB 3.0, etc
- Full BC with PS1/PS2/PS3/PS3-PSN games
- Strong launch lineup (atleast 2x first party IP's in first 2 months eg. a new Ratchet + GT6)
- Good advertising campaign (like the "It only does everything")
- Make ALL PS4 games make use of features such as custom music/ cross-game invites / screenshots / youtube uploads/ trophies, etc.
- Build a better Trophy system ( Split trophies up into: PS3 Trophies, PS4 Trophies, PSP2 Trophies, Overall Trophies. Add rules to attempt to normalize trophy difficulty across games)
- Launch around the same time as competitors!

Around the Network
Aprisaiden said:
Basically what PS4 should feature is:

- $399 launch price (maybe with a $499 limited edition pre-order only version)
- 16x blu-ray drive, 4-8gb of RAM minimum, USB 3.0, etc
- Full BC with PS1/PS2/PS3/PS3-PSN games
- Strong launch lineup (atleast 2x first party IP's in first 2 months eg. a new Ratchet + GT6)
- Good advertising campaign (like the "It only does everything")
- Make ALL PS4 games make use of features such as custom music/ cross-game invites / screenshots / youtube uploads/ trophies, etc.
- Build a better Trophy system ( Split trophies up into: PS3 Trophies, PS4 Trophies, PSP2 Trophies, Overall Trophies. Add rules to attempt to normalize trophy difficulty across games)
- Launch around the same time as competitors!

great ideas, 399$ is a more realistic price than 299$ considering all the tech that will be in it. BD will be cheap so i hope they stick with that.

Launch at a lower price point.

I mean really lower...

$399.99 sounds good to me. The $599.99 launch price is the only problem I had with the PS3. Well, I also hope that the PS4 has better backwards compatibility than most of the PS3 models, but I understand that's a bit more complex than marketing prices.

More JRPG's+a cheaper console...

that's all I really want.

1. Dont get beaten to launch by Microsoft. They are a bigger company and will hang on to a lead tenaciously using their cash reserves.

2. Price competitively.

3. Some decent lauch games would be nice.

4. DO NOT trash talk the competition. Ridiculing the motion control casuals then chasing after them like a love struck teenager 3 years down the line is NOT COOL !