By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are... you... f***king...kidding...me

Gamerace said:

I agree the graphics don't really matter, but the gameplay is the same too. Nor does it in any way make use of the Wii controls. So if you havn't played either one, then the GC version at half the price (or lower used) is a much better deal.

Every FPS gameplay are the same. Every tatical strategy gameplay are the same.

If you want to discredit GS, get everyone to email gamerankings/metacritics and complain and see how things work out.

Other than that, I think GS is just doing attention grab for rating games differently.

Around the Network

boy...I just love a good thread title. Must have taken all morning for this one.

Gamerace said:
tarheel91 said:
Gamerace said:
I'm curious about FE, never played it before, but if I get a copy I'll buy the GC FE as there's really no reason to pay double the cost for the Wii one. Aside from a different storyline, it's the same game. That is reason to dock the score IMO. Being hard is not if that's the nature of the game and suits the target market.

Honestly, I think FE should in future be re-envisioned or broken into smaller pieces and sold as episodes on WiiWare. (Where noobs would more likely try it out for $10 instead of $60)

See, that's where not having played Fire Emblem makes your assessment inaccurate. The emphasis is on the battles and strategy. It doesn't matter that it looks very similar to the GC version or that not much inovation has occured. As long as there are different scenarios from the GC game, it's perfectly fine with me. The smaller pieces thing has potential, but I'm afraid that it could turn out like HL in that they shorter "episodes" take just as long to release with significantly less content.

I agree the graphics don't really matter, but the gameplay is the same too. Nor does it in any way make use of the Wii controls. So if you havn't played either one, then the GC version at half the price (or lower used) is a much better deal.

It certainly is. What I'm saying, though, is that more of the same isn't necessarily bad. That's all. I think all the people who are trying to bash FE when they've never played it should be banned from this thread. Yes, it's got sub par visuals. Yes, it doesn't have anything that could only be done on the Wii. However, that's NOT THE POINT. That's NOT what FE is about. The great battles and strategy is still there and that's all that fans of the genre want. That's why it got that 8ish reviews. It's great for someone who's into strategy games like FE, but not for people who aren't particularly into the genre.

W29 said:
leo-j said:
W29 said:
Does Fire Emblem offer online? No, Halo 3 was praised for its online function....

With its poor campaign and the same online with prettier graphics doesnt do it any justice. It doesnt deserve a 9.5. Let alone  a 9.

With Resistance Fall of man poor campaign and with suck balls online play with not so prettier graphics, it doesn't do it any justice. It doesn't deserve a 9.5 let alone a 9.

Did you even beat resistance? Im guessing you only played the first level. Oh just because you got raped online doesnt mean it sucks, it means you suck.

mM

I thought all of us knew that Gamespot is on the green team.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
W29 said:
leo-j said:
W29 said:
Does Fire Emblem offer online? No, Halo 3 was praised for its online function....

With its poor campaign and the same online with prettier graphics doesnt do it any justice. It doesnt deserve a 9.5. Let alone  a 9.

With Resistance Fall of man poor campaign and with suck balls online play with not so prettier graphics, it doesn't do it any justice. It doesn't deserve a 9.5 let alone a 9.

Did you even beat resistance? Im guessing you only played the first level. Oh just because you got raped online doesnt mean it sucks, it means you suck.

WOW I didn't know you were a fa......never mind, but I did beat the game and the online is horrible...No one talks online like in Halo 3. I couldn't plan attacks with no one. You didn't have a mic so really what was the point of me having you on my friends list?

I have the 360 and I play online. I'm talking to Alexi, Lost and several other members from this site that have 360. Face it the online community on PS3 just sucks period...Since I did have the PS3...You chill out and stop bashing me on my decision its over the past is the past and stop acting like a kid........Oh you are a a kid nevermind.....

Disregard this post because I'm just arguing with a little kid.

fazz said:
I thought all of us knew that Gamespot is on the green team.

Well I never knew that.....I just hated them anyway because they have some really unreadable reviews that are really gay.....Damn fags...I never cared for the crappy site anyway...Gamespot is just bias as Gamestop is with the used games trade-ins.

tarheel91 said:

It certainly is. What I'm saying, though, is that more of the same isn't necessarily bad. That's all. I think all the people who are trying to bash FE when they've never played it should be banned from this thread. Yes, it's got sub par visuals. Yes, it doesn't have anything that could only be done on the Wii. However, that's NOT THE POINT. That's NOT what FE is about. The great battles and strategy is still there and that's all that fans of the genre want. That's why it got that 8ish reviews. It's great for someone who's into strategy games like FE, but not for people who aren't particularly into the genre.

Okay, we're actually in agreement here.  My only point is that reviewers often dock points for sequels that don't move the series/genre forward or add anything new.  This is especially true here which is basically a last generation game on a next generation system and then also adds nothing new to the series either.  I'm not defending Gamespot here, just saying it's a fair criticism.  Is the game great? Sure. But should you pay full-price for what is basically a last gen game?

Taking this to the extreme, if they came out with 'pac-man's grandkid' which had new maps and stuff but basically played the same as pac-man of lore (or see Pac-Man CE) would I love it? Sure!  Would I, as a reviewer, say this is worth full price as a next gen game? Er, no.  So by that logic, FE:PoR on GC = 8, on Wii = 7. 

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

W29 said:
leo-j said:
W29 said:
leo-j said:
W29 said:

WOW I didn't know you were a fa......never mind, but I did beat the game and the online is horrible...No one talks online like in Halo 3. I couldn't plan attacks with no one. You didn't have a mic so really what was the point of me having you on my friends list?

I have the 360 and I play online. I'm talking to Alexi, Lost and several other members from this site that have 360. Face it the online community on PS3 just sucks period...Since I did have the PS3...You chill out and stop bashing me on my decision its over the past is the past and stop acting like a kid........Oh you are a a kid nevermind.....

Disregard this post because I'm just arguing with a little kid.

Calling a kid a fag, and saying the PS3 sucks is pretty offensive. I can report you, but I wont since this is the first time I see you act like this. Resistance's online was amazing heck it was as good as halo 2's about 3 months ago before cod4 and warhawk came out. I know because I own the game. Its just that people have moved on. The online is $hitty now.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M