By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are... you... f***king...kidding...me

Ahhh, reviews. Try not to burst a blood vessel over them, its just someones opinion, biased or not. There will always be someone who agrees and disagrees with you.

offtopic - Hey W29, nice to see you are back in the 360 camp Not sure when that happened but welcome back!

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network
gebx said:
dtewi said:
The Bad: Laughable plot; Frustrating difficulty will alienate newcomers; Doesn't even try to adapt and make use of the Wii; Little to no improvement graphically over its GameCube predecessor.

Dweti - It sounds like the reviewers didn't like the plot. They thought that the difficulty will make it too hard for newcomers. I think the reviewers where also dissappointed in the fact that their was no waggling, and that the graphics are last generation...

Hmm... yeah so its a 6!

Get over it

Actually the lowest score given by any other review site was a 7 by Game Informer, the average was 8.1, I would say Gamespot is on the low side.

What I really think needs to be happening is Gamespot being taken off as a credible source. They are obviously biased and purposely rate games lower (8.8 anyone?).

So basically... everyone hates GameSpot now? Great, we all have something in common. =P

tarheel91 said:
Gamerace said:
I'm curious about FE, never played it before, but if I get a copy I'll buy the GC FE as there's really no reason to pay double the cost for the Wii one. Aside from a different storyline, it's the same game. That is reason to dock the score IMO. Being hard is not if that's the nature of the game and suits the target market.

Honestly, I think FE should in future be re-envisioned or broken into smaller pieces and sold as episodes on WiiWare. (Where noobs would more likely try it out for $10 instead of $60)

See, that's where not having played Fire Emblem makes your assessment inaccurate. The emphasis is on the battles and strategy. It doesn't matter that it looks very similar to the GC version or that not much inovation has occured. As long as there are different scenarios from the GC game, it's perfectly fine with me. The smaller pieces thing has potential, but I'm afraid that it could turn out like HL in that they shorter "episodes" take just as long to release with significantly less content.

I agree the graphics don't really matter, but the gameplay is the same too. Nor does it in any way make use of the Wii controls.  So if you havn't played either one, then the GC version at half the price (or lower used) is a much better deal.

Around the Network

Well, I can agree and add some stuff about Gamespot.com....There reviews are not really that good. They just don't make there reviews simple...I just want to hear from a reviewer is the game worth purchasing or is it worth my time. Thats it...Gamespot goes on a on about how they like or hate a game, but never say to reader...its worth your time or purchase. Confusing, sometimes I listen to other user reviews since some of the Professional reviewers on Gamespot are bias...

who cares what its ranking is? it was never going to be in the top 10 anyway. Just buy it, play it and enjoy it. Thats what I am doing :)

That's complete BS. Fire Emblem is one of the best games on the wii in my opinion. It takes its job as a strategic RPG and does it very well. It doesn't pretend to be anything than it is, an extremely immersive SRPG.

Gamespot's 6 is completely outside everyone else's score. Even 1up gave it a 9.0 and I hate 1up! This is definitely a difficult game but there's a freaking easy setting option for a reason! Fire Emblem games have always been difficult, its what makes it unique with the perm death. And I thought the plot was fantastic.

Gamespot's smoking crap.

Parokki said:
So basically... everyone hates GameSpot now? Great, we all have something in common. =P

Unfortunatly yes ... if you would have asked me 2 years ago , I would have told you that GS is the most relyable source out there . Now , its just a former shadow ... all they have left is their pretty decent forums ... 

Oh , and nearly forgot : 300 March to glory got a 6.8 vs. Silent Hill Origins , whom got a 6.5 ... thats just so freaking wrong :( 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

dschumm:

10,000 points for Beerfest reference.