By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are... you... f***king...kidding...me

Gamerace said:
I'm curious about FE, never played it before, but if I get a copy I'll buy the GC FE as there's really no reason to pay double the cost for the Wii one. Aside from a different storyline, it's the same game. That is reason to dock the score IMO. Being hard is not if that's the nature of the game and suits the target market.

Honestly, I think FE should in future be re-envisioned or broken into smaller pieces and sold as episodes on WiiWare. (Where noobs would more likely try it out for $10 instead of $60)

Yes....this is a definition of common sense....I like it good thinking Gamerace 8)

Around the Network

Silent Hill Origins got a 6.5 , Dead Head Fred 6.5 , Monster Hunter Freedom 2 5.0 .... yeah , I hate GS ... a lot :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Wojtas said:
jeez w29 it's not about your pesronal feelings here. It's about a review site that is being hypocritical to the limits. This hurts even more when reviewers are supposed to maintain an unbiased state of mind in their work. And don't you give me any crap that it's dumb to ask of that, these people are being payed for being neutral, if they can't even do that then off with them.

I felt leo-j was starting some sh*t so I had to back myself up....

Gamerace said:
I'm curious about FE, never played it before, but if I get a copy I'll buy the GC FE as there's really no reason to pay double the cost for the Wii one. Aside from a different storyline, it's the same game. That is reason to dock the score IMO. Being hard is not if that's the nature of the game and suits the target market.

Honestly, I think FE should in future be re-envisioned or broken into smaller pieces and sold as episodes on WiiWare. (Where noobs would more likely try it out for $10 instead of $60)

See, that's where not having played Fire Emblem makes your assessment inaccurate. The emphasis is on the battles and strategy. It doesn't matter that it looks very similar to the GC version or that not much inovation has occured. As long as there are different scenarios from the GC game, it's perfectly fine with me. The smaller pieces thing has potential, but I'm afraid that it could turn out like HL in that they shorter "episodes" take just as long to release with significantly less content.

I always check GS first for games and stuff but when it comes to the rating, I always check the other sites too. Nobody can really trust any review sites anyways, I just rent the games and see for myself.

GS-7.5 Ratchet
IGN-7.7 Assassin's Creed

@dtewi
Whats your new avatar is it Samus?

Around the Network
cool48 said:
@dtewi
Whats your new avatar is it Samus?

Ven from Kingdom Hearts.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Cool avatar dtewi 8)

Gamerace said:

O I see, I respect you opinion (nods) It's been a while since I didn't see the word noob XD

I think some review sites need to take a hint from Roger Ebert. He often gives a thumbs up to low-brow, low-rent seeming debacles for a secific reason. Does is serve and entertain the audience who will go see this?

I think to some extent IGN takes this in account where other sites like gamespot still go by the "I am an expert and my personal opinion of the game is all that matters" BS.

Take the Mario& Sonic vs. Assasin's creed debate on IGN.

M&S was obviously a party game directed at fans of the genre who own a Wii console and enjoy innovative control. They found it to be better functional and graphically than most of those games on the Wii, and offering nostalgic appeal for mascot fans. It did not redefine the genre, and the controls were sometimes good but a mundane mixed bag but was serviceable. Hence the between 7 and 8 score. It should make fans happy who buy it but isn't a must have game for the system.

Assassin's creed was billed as a graphical gestalt ushering in a era of truly free form movement and gaming with limitless choices and stunning AI. Well they found that when compared with the excellent crowd of multi-platform HD games the graphics weren't mind-blowing and what was intended as a breath of fresh air in gaming was pretty repetitive with lack-luster combat/AI. So once again between 7-8. People who love that kind of thing will dig it but it not a system seller.

M&S was like Beerfest, and Assassin's Creed like Spiderman 3. I like both of them because they are my type of thing but I won't recommend them to people unless I know they are in to that kind of thing.

Gamespot seems like the following-

Halo 3- Well Microsoft sent us a gift pack of $1000 worth of Halo product and flew us to Redmond 6 times for previews, and our reader will hate us if we are harsh on it and ... ...9.5.

Metroid - A Wii game ewww..., it is pretty but I can't frag people online must be unfinished. 8.5

Fire Emblem - Another Wii game yuck, and genre I suck at double yuck, but at least there pretty cutscenes with those adorable chocobo. What do you mean there are no pretty cutscene and no chocobo? 6.0

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

dtewi said:
The Bad: Laughable plot; Frustrating difficulty will alienate newcomers; Doesn't even try to adapt and make use of the Wii; Little to no improvement graphically over its GameCube predecessor.

Dweti - It sounds like the reviewers didn't like the plot. They thought that the difficulty will make it too hard for newcomers. I think the reviewers where also dissappointed in the fact that their was no waggling, and that the graphics are last generation...

Hmm... yeah so its a 6!

Get over it

Edit  -

I checked out metacritics and I'm actually amazed how high this game is being rated.

Here's what reviewers are saying

1UP - 90/100
"Sub par visuals"

Wii Advanced - 88/100
"no Wii-specific features, and it certainly doesn't have that next-gen presentation that many might expect from a Wii title."

EGM - 88/100
"Just sucks"

Cheatcode Central - 82/100
"the gameplay, while mundane, is entertaining. The graphics are a bit of a drawback"

IGN - 80/100
"Just don’t expect anything more than GameCube presentation, visuals, and control for $50"

ok, so I'm kidding about the EGM review and took that out of context...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)