By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okay, what is the deal.....with Waluigi?

Wait... what's wrong with Daisy? I like Daisy more then I do Peach.

Around the Network

Waluigi was created by Namco no?

Anyway I would like to see a Waluigi platformer or adventure game to give the guy some personality.

Waluigi is a badass. I dunno why people diss him. He has a ridiculous potential for evil, much more so than Wario. You see that man's mustache? All he needs is a cape. One day he is gonna go postal and bring the Mushroom Kingdom to its knees.

He sucks

morenoingrato said:
I aggred until you said "lamer than daisy"
she is an awesome character even better than peach

I reneged on that point later though. Check this thread earlier. 

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
Was not the first game Waluigi showed up in DDR: Mario Mix?

So the lamest character comes from a dancing game.
Imagine that.

Mike from Morgantown

Waluigi was introduced in the original Mario Tennis. I remember reading a Nintendo Power article about Mario Tennis when it first came out, and explained why Waluigi was called what he's called, so i've known that tidbit for quite a long time (long before i was familiarized with the Japanese language, anyway).

I like Waluigi in terms of persona, just because i also like Wario's persona. My only issue is that Nintendo themselves really don't seem to know what to *do* with Waluigi in terms of giving him a theme, or a special power, or just a gimmick that's specific to him.

I too would totally buy a Wario Bros game, though. I was agonized that they didn't choose to put Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS. He would've been the perfect thing to come out of that 4th room in the Character Change room, instead of a damn star.

I also like Daisy's conception on that point. Her character has basically been developed into "Peach: but sluttier," which i find amusing for what are ostensibly a line of children's games.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sempuukyaku said:

We need to have a discussion about this, because he is by far THE LAMEST Nintendo character we have. Even lamer than Daisy in my opinion. Is there anyway whatsoever that he can be revived to be a more serious contributor to the Nintendo family? Even Wario has a very successful line of his own games. Seriously, what the hell is going on?

I agree; Wario is funny and at least somewhat inspired, whereas Waluigi was just foisted upon us for the sake of having the unnecessary evil equivalent to Luigi.

mike_intellivision said:

Imagine that.

Mike from Morgantown

He was in Mario's Power Tennis on the Nintendo 64 before that.  I think that was his first, but I'm not 100% sure.  I think it was a sports game though.

Mr Khan said:
mike_intellivision said:

Imagine that.

Mike from Morgantown

Waluigi was introduced in the original Mario Tennis. I remember reading a Nintendo Power article about Mario Tennis when it first came out, and explained why Waluigi was called what he's called, so i've known that tidbit for quite a long time (long before i was familiarized with the Japanese language, anyway).

I like Waluigi in terms of persona, just because i also like Wario's persona. My only issue is that Nintendo themselves really don't seem to know what to *do* with Waluigi in terms of giving him a theme, or a special power, or just a gimmick that's specific to him.

I too would totally buy a Wario Bros game, though. I was agonized that they didn't choose to put Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS. He would've been the perfect thing to come out of that 4th room in the Character Change room, instead of a damn star.

I also like Daisy's conception on that point. Her character has basically been developed into "Peach: but sluttier," which i find amusing for what are ostensibly a line of children's games.

Hey she's also a lot less stereotypical... and tougher.  I'd say she's about as close as a Mario game is going to get for a feminist icon.

Ninpanda said:

Sure, Waluigi was just made to be Wario's side-kick... But I would say that he's more tolerable than Daisy and Birdo... Hell, even Peach. Her voice these days is just... Argh!  (Not a sexist, Samus and Midna are still some of my favorite video game characters of all time!) And she's one of the primary characters in the series! She should be the one you wanna save, not the one you wanna stab on a dark alley and perform anal rape upon... (Or is that just me..? )

No matter. Waluigi is still pretty f***ing annoying and should be killed off alongside Birdo. All that Peach needs is a different voice actor and same goes for Daisy, alongside a change in her tomboy-ish attitude.

I could have gone without reading that part about the alley...seriously.

OT: I like Waluigi in the Kart/sports games!  He's funny.  

Thanks to the ones that explained his name.  I never knew.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light