By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okay, what is the deal.....with Waluigi?

Waluigi is epically bad.  Least effort ever applied to anything.

I like him.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Daisy is older than Wario or Yoshi. She was the princess you saved in the first Super Mario Land. I'll have none of this Daisy bashing.

But Waluigi was just there for symmetry of Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi for the sports games. I think he was in a tennis one first. Totally pointless.

I gladly concede your point on Daisy. That was a strong enough argument for me to back down on that one. 

But Waluigi stands. He is ridiculously pointless. I thought Wario was kinda pointless at first but Nintendo turned him into something useful and fairly decent. Hell, make Waluigi a side-boss in a mainstream Mario game or SOMETHING. I'm just tired of not seeing him in anything but Mario Tennis or Mario Party. 

JerzeeBalla said:
The worst part is his name, even THAT was lazy. Mario has Wario. Simple play on the name. Naturally Wuigi doesnt fly, so they needed something else. But Luigi just gets a Wa- thrown in front? It could have been something silly like Luwigi, Weegeelu or something stupid, but at least it would have shown an ounce of effort.

'Warui' is the Japanese word for bad. So Waluigi is literally 'bad Luigi.' It's a pun which is lost in translation.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

alfredofroylan said:
Sempuukyaku said:

We need to have a discussion about this, because he is by far THE LAMEST Nintendo character we have. Even lamer than Daisy in my opinion. Is there anyway whatsoever that he can be revived to be a more serious contributor to the Nintendo family? Even Wario has a very successful line of his own games. Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Wrong, this's Nintendo lamest character

OOOhhh don;t mess with tingle!!!

famousringo said:
JerzeeBalla said:
The worst part is his name, even THAT was lazy. Mario has Wario. Simple play on the name. Naturally Wuigi doesnt fly, so they needed something else. But Luigi just gets a Wa- thrown in front? It could have been something silly like Luwigi, Weegeelu or something stupid, but at least it would have shown an ounce of effort.

'Warui' is the Japanese word for bad. So Waluigi is literally 'bad Luigi.' It's a pun which is lost in translation.

You learn something new everyday. Thanks for that. 

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Around the Network

Souldnt it be rather Tuigi or Puigi, and not Waluigi?

Think about it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Sacrilege! Waluig is and always has been an awesome character. You need to have played his first appearance in Mario Tennis to understand why. He was the WALL nothing got past him at the net. He had a great voice and his eyes flashed evilly every time he won a point! You can't argue with that.

I want Waluigi to be the bad guy in a mainstream game, maybe a sequel to Luigi's mansion perhaps?

Waluigi for the win.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

JerzeeBalla said:
famousringo said:
JerzeeBalla said:

You learn something new everyday. Thanks for that. 

Yeah, no kidding. This actually ...makes ....Waluigi ...alright?

That seriously makes him infinitely more tolerable since he has a pimp moustache but his name always pissed me off.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Daisy is older than Wario or Yoshi. She was the princess you saved in the first Super Mario Land. I'll have none of this Daisy bashing.

But Waluigi was just there for symmetry of Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi for the sports games. I think he was in a tennis one first. Totally pointless.

I won't have it either. That was the first princess I saved, not that chick Peach or Toadstool or whatever!

And I liked Super Mario Land more than Super Mario Bros. 3, just throwing that out there.

Double post. Sorry.