By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 could statistically surpass 360, may 2011--Jan. 2012

all possible and with the release of GT5 which probably wont increase console sales that much, it could but i doubt it, and the holiday period it could happen by the end of this year, this is however extremely unlikely but next year definitely unless MS drop the price of the X360 to like £99/$99/€99 which i highly doubt.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
barozi, yes..there is...That was a complete fanboy comment...wow.

1.) The Slim wasnt launched in 2008,
2.) 2008 is completely irrelevant cause it doesnt cooincide with the current trend thats been running for 9 months now.
3.) again 2008 doesnt matter...at all anymore.

Actually this right here that you wrote is a fanboy comment.  What he said was true.

If I made this same thread at this time last year, the PS3 would have been down by an average of about 100k a week and the gap would forever increase.  You have to realize that momentum shifts will continue to happen each year.  This year it will favor MS (with slim, price cut, natal, etc).  There will be no year where Sony and MS somehow neutralize each other's moves so that a shift does not occur.

2007 - Sony price cut - Momentum goes to Sony

2008 - MS price cut - Momentum goes to MS

2009 - Sony price cut + Slim - Momentum goes to Sony

2010 - MS price cut + Slim - Momentum goes to MS

And so on....

Reasonable thoughts.

Though true only if future price cuts come about the same time for both consoles.

Remember what happened in 2008 when Sony didn't respond on Microsoft's pricecut?

Nightsurge, how do we know 2010 is in MS favour, I mean, we don't even know if they'll have a pricecut, and there's no confirmation or solid proof of a slim as of yet, therefore, you can't use what doesn't exist as ammo in an arguement, it doesn't work that way.

Ssliasil said:

2.) 2008 is completely irrelevant cause it doesnt cooincide with the current trend thats been running for 9 months now.

I say 2008 matters a lot because a 2008 like scenario is likely to happen...

Around the Network

it really doesn't work like this.

insert Disraeli quote

There are three kinds of lies: lies, dammed lies and statistics

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

jbrist said:
Nightsurge, how do we know 2010 is in MS favour, I mean, we don't even know if they'll have a pricecut, and there's no confirmation or solid proof of a slim as of yet, therefore, you can't use what doesn't exist as ammo in an arguement, it doesn't work that way.

If you can't use what doesn't exist, then this whole thread is a fail because it is based off the assumption that NOTHING will change as of this point, which quite frankly is just not true.

MS had no price cut last year.  Sony did.  MS Slim 360 rumors are VERY VERY plausible given all the recent evidence so that will in turn make it cheaper for them and gives more credence to a MS price cut this year.  Sony on the other hand is just about to break even on PS3's so will likely not cut their price at all, especially if they want to bundle Move with the systems.

You can look into the future all you want, I can say the same thing about a PS3 pricecut later this year...
Sony has already stated they have made the PS3 Slim even lighter= less cost= pricecut...Will it happen?

It could but we cant confirm that, same for and kind of 360 Price Cut...so it has no valid point in this argument/discussion/debate w/e it is lol

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

nightsurge said:
jbrist said:

If you can't use what doesn't exist, then this whole thread is a fail because it is based off the assumption that NOTHING will change as of this point, which quite frankly is just not true.

MS had no price cut last year.  Sony did.  MS Slim 360 rumors are VERY VERY plausible given all the recent evidence so that will in turn make it cheaper for them and gives more credence to a MS price cut this year.  Sony on the other hand is just about to break even on PS3's so will likely not cut their price at all, especially if they want to bundle Move with the systems.

Actually, they did.

The Elite model from 299 to 249 euros.

Ssliasil said:

what nightsurge said.

Before the 360 price cut in 2008, the PS3 catched up in weekly sales with the 360.

Then the 360 got a price cut. Thus sales exploded and gave MS a huge boost over the PS3.

Last year Slim launched and gave Sony a huge boost.

Making this calculation now or back then is irrelevant. Everything can change within a few months.