By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... Red Steel 2 has no online play

EL_PATRAS said:
twesterm said:
Why?

Were games bad before you decided online gaming became the standard?

Would you rather they took away from the main game to make at a minimum a passable online mode?

Not every game needs a damn online mode.

Certainly you can't ignore the capabilities and limitless additional play time offered by online gaming.  Why would you not want that in every game you play?  50 euros or dollars for a game that lasts 10 hours just doesn't cut it anymore, at least not for me.  I prefer that the main game be well done than effort being spent on a half-assed online mode, I agree up to that point, but why not implement a good online mode.  With a good story mode.  What a concept!! 

It's not like we can only have one or the other.  And if we can't then it's about time we should.

I agree 100%.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
EL_PATRAS said:
mysticwolf said:
Well, there wasn't a Wi-Fi symbol on the game cover, I think that would give it away...

I didn't say i bought the game

Well, for all I know, you may have looked at it in a store, or looked at the game cover online...

But, online would be pretty cool I suppose...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

EL_PATRAS said:
twesterm said:
Why?

Would you rather they took away from the main game to make at a minimum a passable online mode?

Certainly you can't ignore the capabilities and limitless additional play time offered by online gaming.  Why would you not want that in every game you play?  50 euros or dollars for a game that lasts 10 hours just doesn't cut it anymore, at least not for me.  I prefer that the main game be well done than effort being spent on a half-assed online mode, I agree up to that point, but why not implement a good online mode.  With a good story mode.  What a concept!! 

It's not like we can only have one or the other.  And if we can't then it's about time we should.

It's not a question of why wouldn't I want it? it's a question of what do I want them to sacrifice?

Would you rather they make a game that did alright at the sword controls and had multiplayer or would you rather they concentrate their effort on sword controls so they make a game with the best sword motion controls we've seen yet?

Adding multiplayer isn't as simple as pressing a button and then done.  It takes a lot of time, effort, and money.  If they had put online multiplayer in there, the budget either would have grown far bigger than they could handle or other parts of the game would have suffered.  It's not worth it.

And if 50 Eurors for 10 hours doesn't cut it for you, then just don't buy it since it obviously isn't the game for you.  Go play your Call of Duties and all other multiplayer games, again, not every game needs it.

EL_PATRAS said:
twesterm said:
Why?

I can easily ignore it, as 99% of all online multiplayer games fail to keep me interested for long, with only two exceptions to this throughout my history of gaming (Guild Wars and Battlefield Bad Company 2, although even BFBC2 is losing its glamour). I would much rather that more energy was spent on crafting a good singpleplayer and offline mutliplayer experience for the vast majority of games that have online MP, because it's just not something I'm interested in. It is oh so incredibly boring!

A good singleplayer experience is by far the most important part of a game to me, and very often, online multiplayer in a game is like putting softice on top of your cake. Sure, it works great in a few cases, but most of the time it's going to take away from the entire package (seeing as resources are spent on the MP rather than the SP).

I am so tired of people whining when a game has no online. Personally i think online multiplayer sucks, speaking to a person through a heaset can NEVER beat having that person besides you. And a game like this, like many others, aren't really built for multiplayer anyways. Just look at Resident Evil 5, the game was betrayed and ruined because of forced multiplayer

Around the Network
EL_PATRAS said:
twesterm said:
Why?

If you are going with hypotheticals.

Why don't you jsut by a PC and enjoy the endless amount of content modders provide? Why do you even settle for games without mod support?

I have a feeling you will come up with some form of excuse for those, so be creative and find an excuse for the lack of multiplayer too.

Twes has nailed it. In any form of development a new feature means sacrifices elsewhere. They might be in the budget, the timeline, the overall quality or not having other features. There is however no such thing as a free lunch.

mirgro said:
EL_PATRAS said:
twesterm said:
Why?

If you are going with hypotheticals.

Why don't you jsut by a PC and enjoy the endless amount of content modders provide? Why do you even settle for games without mod support?

I have a feeling you will come up with some form of excuse for those, so be creative and find an excuse for the lack of multiplayer too.

Because i like nintendo.

Because i like my wii.

Can't you see that i have a gaming PC anyway?

twesterm said:
EL_PATRAS said:
twesterm said:
Why?

It's not a question of why wouldn't I want it? it's a question of what do I want them to sacrifice?

Would you rather they make a game that did alright at the sword controls and had multiplayer or would you rather they concentrate their effort on sword controls so they make a game with the best sword motion controls we've seen yet?

Adding multiplayer isn't as simple as pressing a button and then done.  It takes a lot of time, effort, and money.  If they had put online multiplayer in there, the budget either would have grown far bigger than they could handle or other parts of the game would have suffered.  It's not worth it.

And if 50 Eurors for 10 hours doesn't cut it for you, then just don't buy it since it obviously isn't the game for you.  Go play your Call of Duties and all other multiplayer games, again, not every game needs it.

Since not that much is known about game development, many people think including features is a free or easy action.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I'd like to know how would the online work.