By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, megaflop GTA: CW for DS reached 1M

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has just achieved the mark of 1M, more or less one year after its release. I remember reading in so many sites that the game was a total flop, blaming Nintendo consoles because 3rd party mature titles didn't sell well.

Just look one year later, 1M, and it isn't done yet.

I hope Rockstars look at these sales and reconsider their initial opinion.

Gongratulations to Chinatown Wars and Nintendo DS.

Around the Network

Well it didn't outsell the previous GTA games, so no. Plus userbase, sorry.
*blows out his birthday candles*

You didn't deserve it anyways............ :P

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I just heard the sound of a thousand cattle running in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.

Oh, what was that? Those were the cowards too afraid to eat crow, preferring to run away or disappear entirely instead of own up to their own words? What a surprise!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

horrible numbers for a GTA game

Then they released it on the PSP to queues around the block!

Oh wait it did just as bad there too so who's to blame now?

Around the Network

Oh boy, a whole million!?!?!?

That's new territory for the series.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

1M in a years time for a GTA game...worst selling game in the GTA franchise. but whatever....it hit a million so now all the nintendo fans can celebrate this fail of a milestone and then cry about how third parties aren't given nintendo the support they "deserve".

Add in psp numbers and you have over 1.5 million. Not a massive number but its much higher than most people would have you believe this game did. Hopefully people see this and it changes their mind on both the sales of this game and the DS software market as a whole.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Biggest install base ever, biggest game franchise, and you cheering 1 million ?????????

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

It's a shame it only sold 1 million, it's a very good game.