GB 15
SG 11
WS 1
GG 0

Another way of looking at it.

VGChartz

Around the Network
Xxain said:
actually thread title is VERY misleading. This has to do with PS3 having best average of high scores from Famitsu....nothing to do with library

Thank 1up for the title.  You know how the industry likes to distort things (especially if it makes the PS3 look better somehow).

Condsidering they have given out way to many high scores to games that didn't deserve it this gen it's nothing to brag about really.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

milkyjoe said:
PS2 393
DS 152
PS 130
360 104
PSP 90
GBA 90
GC 87
PS3 77
DC 62
SNES 55
SS 52
Wii 50
XBOX 40
N64 38
NES 34
PCE 22
GB 15
SG 11
WS 1
GG 0

Another way of looking at it.

OMG FF7 REMAKE CONFIRMED?!!!!!!

________

anyway for me it IS the best console ever

but thats cus its the first console that I've bought games for myself & played myself....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

obviously ps3 has the best games they have more studios then microsoft and nintendo combined plus all the stuff in japan that slowly trickles its way here

Around the Network

First of all, these are Famitsu scores.

While they were some of the harshest graders of games in the past, it's generally acknowledged that they changed (read: lightened) their standards right around the turn of the century. So scores for later consoles will generally be higher (unfortunately, not for the Wii).

And of course it should also be pointed out that the lead selling platform will always have the most shovelware released for it simply by the merit of having the largest user base (hence the low Wii average).

If a non-leading platform has a lower average than the leading platform (average being hobbled by a lot of bad games with matching scores), odds are that platform has a lot more issues than just selling fewer hardware units.

sony 690/5201 = 13.266%
Microsoft 144/425 =33.88%
Nintendo 521/5896 = 8.83%

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

bit of a skew due to number of titles there. Look at the actual titles on PS1, PS2, etc. Clearly when looked at like this what you're going to see is the following:

- fairly successful consoles with small libraries and good games at the top (yup, there's the PS3/360)
- really successful consoles with huge libraries and lots of shovelware further down (yup, there's the PS2)
- weaker consoles at the bottom

As always and interesting bit of data but nothing to take at face value.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Wow Game Boy did BAD

Any who congrats PS3! another win :)

Reasonable said:
bit of a skew due to number of titles there. Look at the actual titles on PS1, PS2, etc. Clearly when looked at like this what you're going to see is the following:

- fairly successful consoles with small libraries and good games at the top (yup, there's the PS3/360)
- really successful consoles with huge libraries and lots of shovelware further down (yup, there's the PS2)
- weaker consoles at the bottom

As always and interesting bit of data but nothing to take at face value.

Exactly.  If system A has a total of 50 games, 3/4 of which are excellent it would rank higher than system B with a total of 100 games, 1/2 of which are excellent, even though system B has more excellent games.

I still can't believe though, that the Xbox would beat the PS2 even by this rational...