By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's Official: PS3 Has The Best Library Ever

PS2 has a massive library but it has some pretty awful games. surprised it was so low on the charts but it makes sense. best selling system = companies rushing to get a piece of the pie by releasing lots of games, good or bad.

Around the Network

GC is third woohoo.

The title of this thread is misleading..that is all

The PS3 library is quality so is x360's. Which means If you want to play the good games get a PS3 or X360. I do not own one of the two then you have missed basicaly one gen of games

I agree 1000% with Famitsu btw

if you consider the ps3 60gig with backwards compatibility then the ps3 can play ps1, ps2 and ps3 games and can be considered the best library...otherwise no

oh and the gamecube is #3...epic fail

Around the Network

Not even close.

SNES = PS1 > MSX2 = NES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All!

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Actually, I think there is some truth to this.

In general, I've seen that on average a lot of games this generation tend to be good/very good. Due to the existance of a lot more info through the internet, a lot of bad games are discredited immediately and therefore tend to bomb. I remember by the time I had the NES or SNES I had very little information of the quality of the games, so I picked a lot of terrible ones. With the PS3 I've only hated a handful of games (Red Faction, Folklore and Bayonetta are the most prominent).

However, my heart will always be with the SNES and PS1.

And I always thought that the PS2 library wasn't THAT good. It has a lot of my favourite games, but aside from that, I had trouble finding something appealing.

And the longer it's on the market, the farther that ratio will drop.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kenology said:
Xxain said:
actually thread title is VERY misleading. This has to do with PS3 having best average of high scores from Famitsu....nothing to do with library

Thank 1up for the title.  You know how the industry likes to distort things (especially if it makes the PS3 look better somehow).

lulwut?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I think that's why it made me laugh :D

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?