By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the hell is a 3DS?

Severance said:

its 3 DS's man!

Id buy it!!!

Around the Network

So I guess the new system will be 3 DS's ducktaped together?

Why wouldn't it be a successor, just because it's BC and shares a similar name? What about the SNES? Was that not a sucessor to the NES, because it had NES in the title? How about the GameBoy line, they were all named GameBoy, including the Advance. Also, they were BC as well. So that means GBA wasn't a sucessor to GB/GBC?

How about PS1, PS2 and PS3. I take it they're all the same console right? And not sucessors, I mean, they have the same name, only with a different number at the end, and there's even BC! Oh noez!

This thread is silly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

lol didn't you know that the GBA was the successor to the GB? and then there was NES ans SNES i don't see what's weird here. this is the 3D DS but named as 3DS which means 3D and two screens.
it is the next gen hand held

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

1) Wait to see more first... all we have is a barebones announcement.
2) By your logic, GBA isn't really a successor to GBC.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

yeah but by all your logics DSi is a successor!

Its 3 DS's duck taped together!!!!!!!!!!

lol

I think leo-j is spot on with the name.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Good god, man, it's the next-gen handheld from Nintendo. It's not an upgraded DS, like the Lite, i and XL were. So yes, it's DS2. For crying out loud, it says so in the official announcement:

' “Nintendo 3DS”(temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed “Nintendo DS series”, whose cumulative consolidated sales from Nintendo amounted to 125million units as of the end of December 2009, and will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed.'

So it's the SUCCESSOR to the DS line of handhelds, a whole new thing, and it happens to be BC with games from that line. Wii is a SUCCESSOR to GameCube, and happens to be BC with 'Cube games, too. Gosh man, what's so hard to understand? It's not simply an upgraded DS, it'll have a massive overhaul in graphical abilities, rumble, tilt/motion sensing, improved WiFi and battery life, and 3D graphics on top of all that. How anyone could take that to mean it's simply a DS redesign is beyond me.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Beuli2 said:
It has a 3, wich is a cool number and about half of 8, and 8 is similar to the infinite simbol. In other words, this handheld will be infint times better than the DS.

3 8

Its actually more than half of an 8...VISUAL STYLE!!!!

Great stuff

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

3DS will be an 8th generation handheld

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia