Forums - Gaming Discussion - HALO REACH vs GRAN TURISMO 5

V-r0cK said:
radiantshadow92 said:
SickleSigh said:
radiantshadow92 said:
V-r0cK said:
First week:

Japan - GT5 > Halo Reach (Really??)

Others - GT5 > Halo Reach (Might be close though)

America - Halo Reach > GT5 (currently)
- GT5 > Halo Reach (If Sony advertise and hype the crap out of the Nascar feature in GT5)

that will never happen, even if reach sucks...

Why? Every single Gran Turismo has managed to be above 10 mil besides GT2 when only Halo 3 got above 10 mil. This gen has shown imo that huge userbase doesn't mean more sales for every game. MGS4, GoW3 are going to sell more then their previous games on a much smaller userbase. By the time GT5 comes out the userbase in EU and Japan will be big enough to support GT5.

america is the key word there

America did 7.14M for GT3 alone, so dont think that America doesnt love GT either.

i never said they didnt...they just love halo more

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
First week: most likely reach.
Lifetime: easily gran turismo in my eyes. there hasn't been a true gt game since 2004, people are dieing to play it.

More like people have died whilst waiting to play it

Im sorry but I fail to see a racing sim beat a popular FPS, Im sure GT will do good but will get spanked by HALO:REACH!!

FootballFan said:
ps3-sales! said:
First week: most likely reach.
Lifetime: easily gran turismo in my eyes. there hasn't been a true gt game since 2004, people are dieing to play it.

More like people have died whilst waiting to play it

Thankfully, the await ends this fall...

Hope...

its clearly gonna be reach in sales in first few weeks, gt5 will sell more lifetime and sell more consoles.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
its clearly gonna be reach in sales in first few weeks, gt5 will sell more lifetime and sell more consoles.

and you think Halo:Reach wont??

I know alot of people that have sold their 360's but will buy abother one just to play REACH, so I somehow doubt this

but the good thing is that both games will do fine......right??

Just in the first week, gotta go with Halo.

A single Halo game is JUST now able to reach 10M sales (Halo 3). Every GT has sold near 10M or over it by a lot (GT3)

Halo REach should have a bigger launch.! as far as lifetime sells go, I am thinking that GT5 will beat it by a few million. ON metacritic it will be pretty even, but I suspect that GT5 will have higher reviews.

THis could all change depending on what happens over the next 6 months.

Kinect! who needs video games!

Well let's say Halo Reach sells as well as MW2. So what 4.9mil first week? Now that is pretty damn huge and it will be lucky to reach that (no pun intended) in all likely hood.

Now lets look at GT5, lets say it has a global launch. Japan has proven with FF13 that they can buy big first week (1.5mil) lets say FF is bigger than GT in japan so we will say 1mil in japan first week. Now america, this is the big unknown. Looking at other big games GTA4, COD, we can see they have sold about 3mil+ first week. I think it is farely safe to assume a big game like gran turismo fits in along the lines of GTA4 or maybe alittle behind. So we will say 2.5mil in NA. Now europe and the rest of the world is GT's biggest audience, so really i wouldnt be surprised by anything for first week here. But even being EXTREMELY modest lets say 1mil, and really thats modest. So to break it down

1mil japan
2.5mil america
1mil rest of the world

4.5 mil total of GT5 sales (being very modest)

Halo reach, based off MW2 sales 4.9mil first week

The thing that makes GT5 potentially a halo killer is the fact that it is loved all around the world, japan is still a big market for the right type of game, and based off GT5p sales Japan wants GT5 and bad