By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HALO REACH vs GRAN TURISMO 5

which game will have the biggest week one sales? which will have higher meta?

Around the Network

Definitely Halo: Reach. You can argue a lot about life time sales, but when it comes to first week sales, it's a Halo game. It'll sell incredibly.

MontanaHatchet said:
Definitely Halo: Reach. You can argue a lot about life time sales, but when it comes to first week sales, it's a Halo game. It'll sell incredibly.

you could say that, but the preorder sales in AMERICA shows different...plus with odst out, and a beta coming up, its hard to see how GT is even close to the preorders that halo has in America...i mean just imagine in others 0_o

MontanaHatchet said:

this but meta critic will be a tough choice between both but i bet they will get the same score of like 97 or something =D

radiantshadow92 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

you could say that, but the preorder sales in AMERICA shows different...plus with odst out, and a beta coming up, its hard to see how GT is even close to the preorders that halo has in America...i mean just imagine in others 0_o

but halo reach has a release date and GT5 doesnt !!

Around the Network
Ghazi4 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

but halo reach has a release date and GT5 doesnt !!

that just gives me more to add on to what i was saying...since reach has a release date...it will get MORE preorders, not less dude...

radiantshadow92 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

In this case, the preorders don't mean much. Just look at the recent sales of Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver versus God of War III. I expect Halo: Reach to be massive in America and Others. Wait for the preorders to ramp up.

First week? Halo: Reach easily.

But in the long run, it could be a tie. GT5 having NASCAR could be huge for North America.

Edit: Metascore-wise, it's apples and oranges. So I decline to comment.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

MontanaHatchet said:
radiantshadow92 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

In this case, the preorders don't mean much. Just look at the recent sales of Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver versus God of War III. I expect Halo: Reach to be massive in America and Others. Wait for the preorders to ramp up.

i dont think so, i think gran turismo might be so much bigger in others, that it will take the different in the americas

and what do you mean by the recent sales of pokemon and gow? i dont understand how this is similar to Gt and Reach

Halo Reach for sure + it will make buttloads of money more than GT5