By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HALO REACH vs GRAN TURISMO 5

First week:

Japan - GT5 > Halo Reach (Really??)

Others - GT5 > Halo Reach (Might be close though)

America - Halo Reach > GT5 (currently)
- GT5 > Halo Reach (If Sony advertise and hype the crap out of the Nascar feature in GT5)

Around the Network

GT5, be close tho, and will be go on to outsell reach 2:1.

V-r0cK said:
First week:

- GT5 > Halo Reach (If Sony advertise and hype the crap out of the Nascar feature in GT5)

that will never happen, even if reach sucks...

radiantshadow92 said:
V-r0cK said:
First week:

Why? Every single Gran Turismo has managed to be above 10 mil besides GT2 when only Halo 3 got above 10 mil. This gen has shown imo that huge userbase doesn't mean more sales for every game. MGS4, GoW3 are going to sell more then their previous games on a much smaller userbase. By the time GT5 comes out the userbase in EU and Japan will be big enough to support GT5.

I see alot of ppl have no clue how powerful GT really is. These game us the GOD father of all racing ppl. We are talking about the one games that burns every competition out of the way. Halo will sale alot no doubt but that's because of America. For EU it might sell alot also but these is just another FPS no real burnage like GT5 is ganna be. Scores I see halo at 93 and GT5 at 97. That because there better ges than halo but there is nothing out there like GT5

Around the Network
Ghazi4 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Definitely Halo: Reach. You can argue a lot about life time sales, but when it comes to first week sales, it's a Halo game. It'll sell incredibly.

this but meta critic will be a tough choice between both but i bet they will get the same score of like 97 or something =D

and it will not deserve it. Just because it is Halo doesn't mean it deserves a free pass. Just like CoD.

Loved the hell out of Halo 3 but the meta score it just too high. and don't get me started about CoD.

Metacritic: GT5>HR
Sales first week: HR>GT5
Sales lifetime: ?? hard to guess tbh

I believe that Halo: Reach will have a bigger week one and Gran Turismo 5 will sell more (life time). As for Meta I don't know.

SickleSigh said:
radiantshadow92 said:
V-r0cK said:
First week:

Why? Every single Gran Turismo has managed to be above 10 mil besides GT2 when only Halo 3 got above 10 mil. This gen has shown imo that huge userbase doesn't mean more sales for every game. MGS4, GoW3 are going to sell more then their previous games on a much smaller userbase. By the time GT5 comes out the userbase in EU and Japan will be big enough to support GT5.

america is the key word there

radiantshadow92 said:
SickleSigh said:
radiantshadow92 said:
V-r0cK said:
First week:

america is the key word there

America did 7.14M for GT3 alone, so dont think that America doesnt love GT either.