Forums - Gaming Discussion - HALO REACH vs GRAN TURISMO 5

V-r0cK said:
radiantshadow92 said:
SickleSigh said:
radiantshadow92 said:
V-r0cK said:
First week:

Japan - GT5 > Halo Reach (Really??)

Others - GT5 > Halo Reach (Might be close though)

America - Halo Reach > GT5 (currently)
- GT5 > Halo Reach (If Sony advertise and hype the crap out of the Nascar feature in GT5)

that will never happen, even if reach sucks...

Why? Every single Gran Turismo has managed to be above 10 mil besides GT2 when only Halo 3 got above 10 mil. This gen has shown imo that huge userbase doesn't mean more sales for every game. MGS4, GoW3 are going to sell more then their previous games on a much smaller userbase. By the time GT5 comes out the userbase in EU and Japan will be big enough to support GT5.

america is the key word there

America did 7.14M for GT3 alone, so dont think that America doesnt love GT either.

GT3 sold that much because of bundling.

But GT5 is a different story. It has NASCAR fully licensed.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

many people will get gt5 but probably not on a record scale, to put it in perspective lets use gt prologue and halo 3 sales, in 12 days halo sold 3.3 million while gt prologue from its release until 2009 sold 4.3 million, as we can see halo 3 sales achieved 75 percent that of gt prologue sales in only 12 meager days so if these numbers cant convince you enough that halo reach will out sale gt5 nothing will. we could take into account that ps3 now has greater amount of systems sold however you would also have to take into account that 360 also boosted its amounts of system holders so the sale numbers will definitely be bigger this time around for both gt5 and halo reach,

when it comes down to picking the wining game that will sale more i couldn't say with guarantee that halo reach will be the ultimate victor in terms of life time sales but for launch sales i'm 99 percent sure halo reach will dominate and anyone who believes other wise is over optimistic.

jhuff394 said:
huaxiong90 said:
jhuff394 said:

halo reach will sell more..

Honestly though, both of these games make me yawn.. Another halo will put me to sleep unless they completely rehaul the game engine...

And personally I think they are spending way too much on making GT5 and will probably not profit much because of this.

Please tell me you're joking...

About which part?

The last 2 sentences.

First of all: The Halo game engine for Halo: Reach IS rehauled.

Second of all: Yamauchi stated GT5 is costing $60 million to develop. That's already been covered by GT5: Prologue.

The game is a beast sales-wise, and will have no problem profiting.

Fair enough...

I just hope spending traveling the world making sure every detail on every car will be noticed by people...

But your right prologue did serve that purpose to help with the budget.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

huaxiong90 said:
V-r0cK said:
radiantshadow92 said:
SickleSigh said:
radiantshadow92 said:
V-r0cK said:
First week:

- GT5 > Halo Reach (If Sony advertise and hype the crap out of the Nascar feature in GT5)

Why? Every single Gran Turismo has managed to be above 10 mil besides GT2 when only Halo 3 got above 10 mil. This gen has shown imo that huge userbase doesn't mean more sales for every game. MGS4, GoW3 are going to sell more then their previous games on a much smaller userbase. By the time GT5 comes out the userbase in EU and Japan will be big enough to support GT5.

America did 7.14M for GT3 alone, so dont think that America doesnt love GT either.

So full force advertise a GT5 PS3 Bundle showing lots of Nascar in the commercial > Halo Reach in America? lol

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
huaxiong90 said:
V-r0cK said:
radiantshadow92 said:
SickleSigh said:
radiantshadow92 said:
V-r0cK said:
First week:

So full force advertise a GT5 PS3 Bundle showing lots of Nascar in the commercial > Halo Reach in America? lol

I didn't say that, man.

Look at the drop off between GT3 and GT4. This is due to the lack of US bundles. In the Others regions, on the other hand, it went up from GT3.

So, I'm just saying that since GT5 has NASCAR included, you can expect strong US numbers if the NASCAR aspect is advertised well.

huaxiong90 said:
V-r0cK said:

I didn't say that, man.

Look at the drop off between GT3 and GT4. This is due to the lack of US bundles. In the Others regions, on the other hand, it went up from GT3.

So, I'm just saying that since GT5 has NASCAR included, you can expect strong US numbers if the NASCAR aspect is advertised well.

lol I know you didnt say that i was just merely seeing your opinion if that were were to happen could GT5 overtake Halo Reach in America.

I notice the big drop from GT3 to GT4, but i feel its cause GT3 was the first real GT that gen, and since GT5 is the first real GT this gen it might get a boost compared to if there'll be a GT6 later this gen.  I didnt know GT3 was so heavily bundled in US, I thought its bundled sale did roughy the same as most bundles. (Though my memory is lacking)

Yea if Sony can advertise the Nascar feature for GT5 it can see some strong sales in America. 

V-r0cK said:
huaxiong90 said:
V-r0cK said:

I didn't say that, man.

lol I know you didnt say that i was just merely seeing your opinion if that were were to happen could GT5 overtake Halo Reach in America.

I notice the big drop from GT3 to GT4, but i feel its cause GT3 was the first real GT that gen, and since GT5 is the first real GT this gen it might get a boost compared to if there'll be a GT6 later this gen.  I didnt know GT3 was so heavily bundled in US, I thought its bundled sale did roughy the same as most bundles. (Though my memory is lacking)

Yea if Sony can advertise the Nascar feature for GT5 it can see some strong sales in America. 

I strongly doubt it can "reach" (lol) Halo numbers in the US, but who knows...NASCAR is very popular in the US, and according to marketers, NASCAR fans are very brand loyal. If it does take off to the point where GT sees equal sales in Americas and Others or even more, color me impressed.

Halo Reach by ALOT in terms of first week sales....Meta is arguable since their not remotely in the same genre.

I think they will Tie in both aspects, metacritic about 94 or 95, and sales about 3M week one