By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HALO REACH vs GRAN TURISMO 5

Reach week one, I think GT5 could come out higher LTD and as for meta they're both 'gonna be high but given they are in totally different genres that's irrelevant.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Halo Reach.
GT5 is popular but Halo is the face of xbox 360. ODSTsold 2.5 million within 2 weeks. GT5 won't.

First Week: Halo: Reach
Lifetime: Gran Turismo 5 by 2-3 million (Game is big in Europe and the legs are HUGE in that region, also GT5 will sell a bit over 1 Million in Japan where Halo is non existant)
Metacritic:
GT5: 93-95%
Halo: Reach: 91-94%

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

And I mean, GT5: P alone sold 4,7 million and will likely reach over 5 million copies sold by the time GT5 releases and the userbase at launch was what, 11 million?
Trust me, GT5 will be the biggest GT of all time, easily over 15 million sold with Online, Nascar, lifelike graphics and no pirating

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

tripleb2k said:
Halo Reach.
GT5 is popular but Halo is the face of xbox 360. ODSTsold 2.5 million within 2 weeks. GT5 won't.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue had 1 million pre-orders in Europe only... Gran Turismo 5 is obviously going to have bigger and it got the additional Japanese market that Halo lacks

If it has a worldwide release date ... who knows

I'm sure tho that Gran Turismo 5 will have a bigger LTD record than Halo: Reach

Around the Network

I bet they'll land right around the same place in lifetime sales. Gran Turismo's potential is reduced because of the PS3 (as i still argue that GT has been driven by the PlayStation, it hasn't been as much of a system seller, though it certainly will sell PS3's), but Halo Reach will handily outstrip anything releasing this year in terms of week 1/day 1

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

First week Halo.. metacritic.. who knows.. LTD sales.. who knows..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

1st week halo reach hands down. Metacritic: theyre 2 totally different games why are we going to compare them?

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

1337 Gamer said:
1st week halo reach hands down. Metacritic: theyre 2 totally different games why are we going to compare them?

we could guess =p

Since this will probably be the last Halo that Bungie produces for the xbox 360, I would imagine Microsoft will have a crazy launch like they did for Halo3. Commercials everywhere and adverts on pop cans. If this is the case I would imagine Halo will trounce GT5 atleast the first few months.

So I think Halo will take the cake in first week and overall sales. I would imagine that Meta will be slightly higher with Halo as well.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!