By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the hardest game of the gen that you have played?

Since I'm currently struggling with Dead Space I'll have to say Dead Space.

Around the Network
Bob_Loblaw said:
nen-suer said:
Demon's Souls

Normal demons humiliated me, Black Phantoms made me scream like a girl >_<

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   No game has ever made me go into a borderline panic attack than when I see a Black Phantom appear.  Even the regular game would make you sweat.  Every step you would take into a new area felt like an accomplishment.

It may very well be the hardest game you've played this gen but I think that the difficultly of Demon's Souls is extremely exaggerated by people.  It's more difficult than most games out there, but I'd say, Uncharted on Crushing, amongst many other games, is harder.

dtewi said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Hard games don't exist. I'm the last boss.

You must be easy then.

LOL...nice one.

The first Bioshock... DAMN! I can't beat it!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Ninja gaiden sigma no contest.

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:
Bob_Loblaw said:
nen-suer said:
Demon's Souls

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   No game has ever made me go into a borderline panic attack than when I see a Black Phantom appear.  Even the regular game would make you sweat.  Every step you would take into a new area felt like an accomplishment.

It may very well be the hardest game you've played this gen but I think that the difficultly of Demon's Souls is extremely exaggerated by people.  It's more difficult than most games out there, but I'd say, Uncharted on Crushing, amongst many other games, is harder.

You played Demon's Souls offline didn't you

Plus in these games you get "checkpoints"

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

There have been some hard games this generation, but nothing I couldn't handle. I know what will become the hardest game I'll play this gen though. It will either be Persona 5 (if it comes) or Xenoblade. Persona 3 FES was HARD AS HELL!!!!!! Xenogears & the Xenosaga series (especially Xenosaga: Episode 2) were SUPER hard as well for me. I doubt they will let up this gen (I hope not).

EncodedNybble said:
Bob_Loblaw said:
nen-suer said:
Demon's Souls

Actually Uncharted on Crushing wasn't even that difficult, except one or two instances. I probably died ten times all together on Crushing. Uncharted 2 Crushing was even easier. 

Demon's Souls boils down exclusively to the individual skill. There's no bigger barrier in the game than the lack of ability to think and plan accordingly for each boss/enemy/area.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

nen-suer said:
EncodedNybble said:
Bob_Loblaw said:
nen-suer said:
Demon's Souls

You played Demon's Souls offline didn't you

Plus in these games you get "checkpoints"

I played offline if I was going to do WT events.  Plus, that makes no difference.  It is like saying SF IV is a difficult game because another human is better at it than you.  That doesn't mean the game is hard, that just means someone is better than you.

I agree that the other games give you check points and you can slowly grind along a level if you can get to a checkpoint.  I just had a more difficult time getting my platinum in uncharted (though it took way less time it was way more frustrating) than I did on DS.  I won't say it was difficult, pretty much after Chapter 4 I rarely died, but of about the 20 or so deaths I had on Uncharted on Crushing it was more frustraiting than DS.  That's just me, maybe I'm no good at shooters or maybe I enjoyed DS more :)

Or maybe it's because I don't like "cheap" difficulty where one shot kills you (and you can't really learn too well from that mistake).

God of War III on Chaos Mode.