By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the hardest game of the gen that you have played?

lestatdark said:
EncodedNybble said:
Bob_Loblaw said:
nen-suer said:
Demon's Souls

Normal demons humiliated me, Black Phantoms made me scream like a girl >_<

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   No game has ever made me go into a borderline panic attack than when I see a Black Phantom appear.  Even the regular game would make you sweat.  Every step you would take into a new area felt like an accomplishment.

It may very well be the hardest game you've played this gen but I think that the difficultly of Demon's Souls is extremely exaggerated by people.  It's more difficult than most games out there, but I'd say, Uncharted on Crushing, amongst many other games, is harder.

Actually Uncharted on Crushing wasn't even that difficult, except one or two instances. I probably died ten times all together on Crushing. Uncharted 2 Crushing was even easier. 

Demon's Souls boils down exclusively to the individual skill. There's no bigger barrier in the game than the lack of ability to think and plan accordingly for each boss/enemy/area.  

LoL that was unexpected! Uncharted and Uncharted 2 were easy on crushing. It should be called normal!

Around the Network

@AngelosL

I never said Uncharted on Crushing was difficult, I just said more difficult and frustrating (for me) than Demon's Souls (which I didn't find difficult). I could just suck at Uncharted.

NGS 2 (as I mentioned before) on the other hand...............

Some of you guys are confusing hard games with cheap ass games.

A hard game requires raw skills, you don't just depend on luck. You have to learn every move possible in order to defeat certain enemies or complete certain areas.

A cheap ass game is like Persona 3, where every single common enemy are easy, and then you have these overpowered mini-bosses that sometimes have no weaknesses and can spam an attack that targets all your party members three times in a row. Mostly unfair and unbalanced.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Miguel_Zorro said:
My contenders, but not in order:
- Demon's Souls
- Killzone 2 on Elite
- Call of Duty World at War on Veteran
- Wipeout HD on the highest difficulty level
- Street Fighter 4 Challenges/trials.

I think I'll have to put SF4 challengers as the most difficult, simply because I don't think I'll ever be able to do them. The others were attainable for me.

I thought the same thing about the SFIV trials at first, but practice makes perfect, keep at them :)

I was able to do all with a DS3 and I suck at SF games.

AngelosL said:
lestatdark said:
EncodedNybble said:
Bob_Loblaw said:
nen-suer said:
Demon's Souls

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   No game has ever made me go into a borderline panic attack than when I see a Black Phantom appear.  Even the regular game would make you sweat.  Every step you would take into a new area felt like an accomplishment.

It may very well be the hardest game you've played this gen but I think that the difficultly of Demon's Souls is extremely exaggerated by people.  It's more difficult than most games out there, but I'd say, Uncharted on Crushing, amongst many other games, is harder.

Actually Uncharted on Crushing wasn't even that difficult, except one or two instances. I probably died ten times all together on Crushing. Uncharted 2 Crushing was even easier. 

Demon's Souls boils down exclusively to the individual skill. There's no bigger barrier in the game than the lack of ability to think and plan accordingly for each boss/enemy/area.  

LoL that was unexpected! Uncharted and Uncharted 2 were easy on crushing. It should be called normal!

I wouldn't call it easy, since I can see how people can have trouble with the games. To me, it's an inherent problem to TPS, they're too predictable, even on higher difficulty levels, due to the overall mechanics that are easy to exploit and adapt to your play style. 

A game like Demon's Souls flows pretty much like a playthrough in Super Ghouls'N Goblins. Initially it can feel overwhelming, especially if you tackle it head on, but if you plan accordingly and take each death as an opportunity to learn a bit more about the game, suddendly you'll be finish the game with no difficulty whatsoever.

What strikes Demon's Souls above others in difficulty, for me, where the fine tuned balance between enemies and your character. Never would you feel that you were too overpowered, because a single slip of your concentration would be fatal, especially on higher NG+++. You could have über stats, 99 on everything and the best armour and weapons and still get OHKO by a Black Phantom Black Skeleton, because in reality, next to them, you were a whimsy soldier xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:

A hard game requires raw skills, you don't just depend on luck. You have to learn every move possible in order to defeat certain enemies or complete certain areas.

No those are only SHMUPs.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

EncodedNybble said:
nen-suer said:
EncodedNybble said:
Bob_Loblaw said:
nen-suer said:
Demon's Souls

You played Demon's Souls offline didn't you

Plus in these games you get "checkpoints"

I played offline if I was going to do WT events.  Plus, that makes no difference.  It is like saying SF IV is a difficult game because another human is better at it than you.  That doesn't mean the game is hard, that just means someone is better than you.

I agree that the other games give you check points and you can slowly grind along a level if you can get to a checkpoint.  I just had a more difficult time getting my platinum in uncharted (though it took way less time it was way more frustrating) than I did on DS.  I won't say it was difficult, pretty much after Chapter 4 I rarely died, but of about the 20 or so deaths I had on Uncharted on Crushing it was more frustraiting than DS.  That's just me, maybe I'm no good at shooters or maybe I enjoyed DS more :)

hehe. i didnt know much about the tendencys in DS

going thro 5-2 on PB was one of the most brutal experiences i had for a while

Haven't played Uncharted 2 yet, but 1 wasn't that hard on crushing for me....guess am good with shooters :)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

dtewi said:
SHMUPGurus said:

No those are only SHMUPs.

Maybe... Hmmm, I guess that explains my first answer to the thread here. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Hmm, I would say Demon's Soul except I put it down because I just didn't feel like playing it anymore, not because it was hard. I want to say Bayonetta because there were some pretty hair=pulling hard parts but I beat it.

I'm going to say Dead Rising.

I can't get past the first day because I can't save everybody.

the 2 hardest games I've played are Bionic comando re-armed and Call of Duty 1, both PSN games and both extremely hard.

-Bionic commando defeated me on the challenges, just 2 more to go but impossible for me to pull off, I also have yet to get past the 1st stage on hard.

-Call of Duty 1 on veteran, everyone has sniper vision, including tanks and machine gunners XD
-it also has some of the worst driving sequences, but only when playing on veteran...such an old school game with it's old school dificulty.
-loved the game that I played it 3 times and got the platinum...after much trouble, loved the challeng though XD