By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1up: Time Crisis 4 "has absolutely no place in the PS3 Library"

Ghost Squad got a 7.5 from IGN.

I think 1Up seems pretty pissed about the price. I think I'd have to agree. I think they may have based a lot of their review off of that, but I would never pay 90 dollars for a lightgun shooter... I think GhostSquad is coming out at 30, and even then I'm not getting it. Well, maybe used in a couple years or something.

Around the Network

either way, it wont sell well. The market is not asking for a light gun type game. Even the best one's are only fun for like 20 min and you never wanna play it again. And for that much money, its not worth it. There at the arcades thats where they need to stay.

takeru51 said:
Ghost Squad got a 7.5 from IGN.

I think 1Up seems pretty pissed about the price. I think I'd have to agree. I think they may have based a lot of their review off of that, but I would never pay 90 dollars for a lightgun shooter... I think GhostSquad is coming out at 30, and even then I'm not getting it. Well, maybe used in a couple years or something.

Yeah, ghost squad its 30$ and its a great buy at that price...

On topic: I only trust IGN and Gametrailers for reviews, however i'm surprised that a lot of sony fans bashed IGN for their 7.0 review on heavenly sword and now they are saying that IGN is god because they gave this game an 8.0

still... this game is very expensive for what it is... perhaps its worth a 5 or 6.0 tho.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

At least this might help silence Wii fanboys that say that 1UP is biased against the Wii. It seems price was the main issue here.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

totalwar23 said:
Rath said:
1UP is mentally retarded. Go by IGNs review instead.

And there are some who say IGN is mentally retarded, go by Gamespot reviews instead. Actually, the only review source I think could use a lot of work  is Game Informer.

That's why everyone who is remotely intelligent should go by collective review sites, such as gamerankings. That way, you get the average of all the mentally retarded sites, and can make a much more informed choice on which games are good or not.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

So wait, when you die, you have to start over? That's retarded, and I agree with the score.

I think my brother is getting this. He's a big hunter and loves time crisis. I just so happen to have a PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I have a hard time taking 1UP seriously after Trauma Center...but $90 is still too much for a light gun game, especially when I can get a better one (Ghost Squad) for $30.

Light gun games can offer hours of fun and often contain loads of replay value, so I hope the genre's resurgence doesn't end with this holiday season.

I dread 1UP's review of Ghost Squad. Their average Wii score is already way lower then the industry average. I can only imagine how much they'll tear it apart after this review. Probably for stupid reasons, too.

nuckles87 said:
I have a hard time taking 1UP seriously after Trauma Center...but $90 is still too much for a light gun game, especially when I can get a better one (Ghost Squad) for $30.

Light gun games can offer hours of fun and often contain loads of replay value, so I hope the genre's resurgence doesn't end with this holiday season.

I dread 1UP's review of Ghost Squad. Their average Wii score is already way lower then the industry average. I can only imagine how much they'll tear it apart after this review. Probably for stupid reasons, too.

Granted 9% lower.  Which is like a full review point.  But 360 and PS3 games get about 4.5% lower each.

So really, if you knew nothing about a game but it's system it's only going to be .5 less then a 360 or PS3 game... and is there really that much difference between a 7.5 and an 8?

Either way, that's why I suggest metacritic.  You can read every magazines summary and see if the same problems found are widespread problems found throughout the industry or just some reviewer being stupid.

Hmm... thats bad. i thought it was going to be decent. Guess not.... I like number 1 and 2 the best... 3 isnt bad... but they are really stretching it.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina