By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1up: Time Crisis 4 "has absolutely no place in the PS3 Library"

1up reviews Time Crisis 4 harshly:

When paying ninety dollars for a lightgun shooter you're used to playing in movie theater lobbies and dingy arcades, you would expect to be able to feed it more virtual quarters when you die, or at least earn more to use along the way. Right? Time Crisis 4 disagrees. It casually eschews any notions of contemporary game design, look, or feel, with only embarrassingly shoddy efforts to atone for its "arcade port" status. As universally point-and-shoot accessible as lightgun games should be, no one should be forced to fight through this catastrophe.

[...]

Not that we'd recommend doing so, but if you can get a hold of another GunCon3, playing through Arcade mode with a pal provides slightly more mindless fun for an hour or so (though it goes from ugly to fugly in splitscreen) before you both realize you could be playing Calling All Cars for a ninth the cost. No, Time Crisis 4 isn't broken, and the GunCon3 generally works as advertised; it's just appallingly unentertaining after ten minutes, insultingly expensive for what it offers, and has absolutely no place in the PS3 library of anyone but the most desperate gun nuts and Time Crisis devotees.

Editor's Rating: Bad  - 3.5

Ouch.

Around the Network

ooh such a low score,didnt ign give this an 8.0

IGN certainly did give it a 8.0: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/836/836596p1.html

Maybe someone at 1up had their panties in a bunch.

So is this game good or bad?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Well from a video I saw it looked pretty bad. It was on joystiq. There are some pretty good PS3 games out right now that can be found cheaper especially on black friday that I would think would be more worth your money then this.

Around the Network

I wonder if they've reviewed Ghost Squad already?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I was expecting 7/10 did not look so good and it is not my kind of game. With 3.5 score it must be pretty bad.

3.5 and a 8 huge difference.

=/.

Seems like a typical hate it or love it game, kinda like games as Kirby Airride, though a 3,5 is supposed to be the worst of the worst, and I just can’t think that a Time Crisis game is so bad…

This is Assassin's Creed all over again.