By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS Announced! (3D!!)

Soriku said:
Wow, didn't expect this this early. I was expecting late 2010 or early 2011.

Well there's too many DS games I need to get yet to care about this.

I recall you particularly telling me it was foolish of me to predict the DS2 "so soon", and the next PKMN title on the DS2 in connection to that.

Here you go. ^_^

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I just love two things in this thread, number one; it suddenly doesn't matter who was first with things (tech and ideas) any more and number two; 3D was stupid and useless until Nintendo decided to use it. Gotta love Vgchartz.

Mummelmann said:
I just love two things in this thread, number one; it suddenly doesn't matter who was first with things (tech and ideas) any more and number two; 3D was stupid and useless until Nintendo decided to use it. Gotta love Vgchartz.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense the way they implemented it than trying to tack it onto a console which doesn't have the fillrate/overall performance to do it comfortably and without the TVs to display it properly.

Tease.

Mummelmann said:

It's all a matter of implementation, the tech doesn't matter.

I don't think 3D is going to be the main feature. Back with the original DS, Dual Screens were highlighted first but that's not what came to be the focus of the platform. I think the same thing is gonna take place wth this, there's something we likely haven't even been hinted to yet, perhaps related to software integration.

Mummelmann said:

Wrong bad 3d was stupid, thousand of dollar TV's and glasses is stupid, this could be low price and no glasses, smart

Around the Network

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_f305-2431.php
tilt and rumble gaming in before sony copies nintendo.

sony did it before :p, same for 3d, console firmware ready to be released, and 3d was called useless by many here, when it's looks and work better on a OLED 3d screen with HD graphics.

and the technlogy exist for TV that don't require glasses.

Azelover said:
Mummelmann said:

It's all a matter of implementation, the tech doesn't matter.

I don't think 3D is going to be the main feature. Back with the original DS, Dual Screens were highlighted first but that's not what came to be the focus of the platform. I think the same thing is gonna take place wth this, there's something we likely haven't even been hinted to yet, perhaps related to software integration.

I never really thought about that. I mean yea why would Nintendo give away the bigest part of a huge surprise without holding back the true masterpiece of it? I just wish E3 would hurry the hell up and get here. I want to know what I already know I am going to buy as soon as I can.

Xoj said:

sony did it before :p, same for 3d, console firmware ready to be released, and 3d was called useless by many here, when it's looks and work better on a OLED 3d screen with HD graphics.

Yea they did.. but then again ZEN and other people like to hate on sony whenever they get the chance..

@games4fun

I am starting to believe 3d isn't the main upgrade either, just an add on to the general new experience of this new handheld, since the patent doesnt give too much emphasis on 3d, just says "along with added 3d effects without the need of glasses"

so who knows?

mM
Squilliam said:
Mummelmann said:

It makes a hell of a lot more sense the way they implemented it than trying to tack it onto a console which doesn't have the fillrate/overall performance to do it comfortably and without the TVs to display it properly.

u know, ps3 have more than 3ds to do so, and many TVs will have tech to do it without glasses. :p

it's easier to do on a smaller device sony focus was it's console. having the tv it's only the problem but console support for it, and they already promised make ps3 compatible.

Xoj said:

and the technlogy exist for TV that don't require glasses.

Once more, with feeling!