By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS Announced! (3D!!)

well I didn't expect to wake up to this!

Around the Network

so we get faster internet connection, more battery life and analogue control :D

also have you thought about the effects on sales?

DS will have gone on for 5 years and get replaced WITHOUT A SINGLE PRICE CUT, ONLY PRICE INCREASES

for years nintendo has had a firm grasp on the top 2 hardware spots in NPD. now they will have a firm grip on the top 3

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

So not only are the Nintendo nation 3d haters now backing it they are claiming it as their own.

ROFL, the hypocrisy is unbelievable. They are copying Sony and you know it, no matter what delusional rebuttal you write Sony has been pushing 3d for a long time, and now like good boys and girls follow the leader.

As far as 3ds I'm quite interested as long as they don't gimp the hardware like they did with the wii. This little thing could really be something special.

EnosStory said:
So not only are the Nintendo nation 3d haters now backing it they are claiming it as their own.

ROFL, the hypocrisy is unbelievable. They are copying Sony and you know it, no matter what delusional rebuttal you write Sony has been pushing 3d for a long time, and now like good boys and girls follow the leader. 

Uh, there isn't even a 3D PlayStation product on market yet.  Meanwhile Nintendo did Virtual Boy 15 years ago...

EnosStory said:

As far as 3ds I'm quite interested as long as they don't gimp the hardware like they did with the wii. This little thing could really be something special.

Are you being serious?

Around the Network
psrock said:
3D is the future, huh. With Sony leading the way, and Nintendo joining the party, I am as excited as ever to see what they going to do with this technology.

You beat me to it

OT:
This is very, very good new

jarrod said:
EnosStory said:

Uh, there isn't even a 3D PlayStation product on market yet.  Meanwhile Nintendo did Virtual Boy 15 years ago...

Point being what. I'm just saying this truly shows Nintendo supporters are hypocrites, one day 3d is useless they hate it will go nowhere in gaming now its the second coming of jesus because nintendo is doing it. Your opinion's on matter regarding gaming discusses on the forums are plain worthless, you will hate and dismiss anything until there's a N on it. Really pathetic don't you think. Well I'm of to work, enjoy your 3D!!!!!!!!

EnosStory said:

Point being what. I'm just saying this truly shows Nintendo supporters are hypocrites, one day 3d is useless they hate it will go nowhere in gaming now its the second coming of jesus because nintendo is doing it. Your opinion's on matter regarding gaming discusses on the forums are plain worthless, you will hate and dismiss anything until there's a N on it. Really pathetic don't you think. Well I'm of to work, enjoy your 3D!!!!!!!!

Most reasonable criticism of 3-D tech in the PS3 has to do with a lack of TVs that can display it and graphical parity with the games that aren't 3D, since it takes much, much more resources to render a 3D image in real time than it does a standard one. Those problems don't really exist for a handheld with a built-in 3-D display and internalized hardware where 3D rendering is the standard.

jarrod said:

New details from Nikkei!  Via Andriasang...

• analog stick for 3D control
  • rumble!
  • much improved wireless speed & battery life
  • accelerometer for tilt/motion control
  • screen smaller than 4 inches, Sharp 3D LCD used
  • expected 2nd half 2010 JP launch, 3rd parties already have titles underway

Is this source trustable??

Because if it is... I'm serioulsly gonna cry. This looks like DS perfection.

And I thought LL was perfection already!

EnosStory said:
jarrod said:
EnosStory said:

I'm not against 3D myself, I thought the Wipeout PSN demo way back was extremely promising (and the memory of that is making me froth for a similar approach to F-Zero hopefully).  But we really need a 3D solution that doesn't require stupid glasses if it's going to really take off, and I'm honestly a bit shocked Nintendo's seemingly getting there first, and on a handheld to boot...

Besides, I've been seeing mainly MS supporters pooping on 3D, but mostly just disregarding it.  Can you link me to this overwhelming amount of universal N-fan 3D H8 posts/threads?  Thanks.