By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS Announced! (3D!!)

If you guys are wondering what this new DS might look like I'll refer you back to a post I made a few weeks ago.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103807&page=1#

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Around the Network

woah! hahaha so I guess this time Nintendo are the copy cats? :P

Anywho other than the sarcasm aimed at hypocrites: Good to hear this, I love my DS

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It's certainly a unique spin on 3D. The question is if it will resonate with consumers better than other implementations so far.

Myself, i'm more interested in the tilt functions. Finally get that Tilt N Tumble sequel, at least...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MonstaMack said:
So this is great news, what do we think the price point would be? I'm guessing $150?

Also, how many PS2s have been sold WW? The DS should still be able to pass it?

I bet it'll be $199.  They'll move DSi/XL down to to $99/$119 then.

PS2's at ~136m now, and barely moving anymore.  DS is at ~128m now, and moving over a million a month... it'll pass PS2 and then some lifetime.

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
3D is the future, huh. With Sony leading the way, and Nintendo joining the party, I am as excited as ever to see what they going to do with this technology.

Oh psrock, you sure do know how to stir the pot.

Also:

Aaaahhhhhhhh

I am really excited about this news. A powerful DS is what I want as a graphic whore.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
jarrod said:
MonstaMack said:
So this is great news, what do we think the price point would be? I'm guessing $150?

Also, how many PS2s have been sold WW? The DS should still be able to pass it?

I bet it'll be $199.  They'll move DSi/XL down to to $99/$119 then.

PS2's at ~136m now, and barely moving anymore.  DS is at ~128m now, and moving over a million a month... it'll pass PS2 and then some lifetime.

Even at $199 it would be a real good buy. I'll still hold judgement for the lunch titles because the DS lunch the only title I grabbed was Feel the Magic and Ridge Racer. Mario 64 was good, but it was still just that... Mario 64.

Thanks for the info on the PS2 shipments.

It's just that simple.

psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
3D is the future, huh. With Sony leading the way, and Nintendo joining the party, I am as excited as ever to see what they going to do with this technology.

Oh psrock, you sure do know how to stir the pot.

Also:

Aaaahhhhhhhh

I am really excited about this news. A powerful DS is what I want as a graphic whore.

It is also what I want as a graphics whore!

Funny how that works

This might make me actually buy a portable game system.

E3 is gonna be so amazing.

New details from Nikkei!  Via Andriasang...

• analog stick for 3D control
  • rumble!
  • much improved wireless speed & battery life
  • accelerometer for tilt/motion control
  • screen smaller than 4 inches, Sharp 3D LCD used
  • expected 2nd half 2010 JP launch, 3rd parties already have titles underway

M.U.G.E.N said:
woah! hahaha so I guess this time Nintendo are the copy cats? :P

Anywho other than the sarcasm aimed at hypocrites: Good to hear this, I love my DS

Sorry i missed the point did anyone ever made a handheld system with 3D without the need of glasses ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!