By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS Announced! (3D!!)

psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
3D is the future, huh. With Sony leading the way, and Nintendo joining the party, I am as excited as ever to see what they going to do with this technology.

Back up!

ok, Nintendo started 3D, but failed. Sony is pushing it again, and Nintendo has joined the party.

I changed it.

They never left the 3D party that they had created lol so they did not join Sony :P here we go again keep on trying Sony boys… and girls

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:
NJ5 said:
Vanbierk said:
@ Happy...

But it's probably just a depth 3D...not an actual popping out at you type of 3D...that's much less intriguing to me and probably many that think of 3D...

Apparently the DSi can already do the illusion of depth 3D thing.

Why would Nintendo launch a new handheld to do something the DSi can already do?

Hardware advancements, improving the technology...Some argue that the gamecube could have done what the Wii does with an attachment....so it's really not all that far off to think of.

It is far fetched to think they'd be announcing it for the 3D capabilities and calling it 3DS if it was a small improvement over the 3D the DSi can do.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

If this is real, I'll pick it up.
Haven`t owned a DS in years but this would warrant another purchase.

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

I did a writeup on theories and speculation about the 3DS, including my theories on how the technology works, some games that are going to launch with the system, and when the system will launch.

The thread can be found here:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=104849

SW-5120-1900-6153

Roma said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
3D is the future, huh. With Sony leading the way, and Nintendo joining the party, I am as excited as ever to see what they going to do with this technology.

Back up!

ok, Nintendo started 3D, but failed. Sony is pushing it again, and Nintendo has joined the party.

I changed it.

They never left the 3D party that they had created lol so they did not join Sony :P here we go again keep on trying Sony boys… and girls

I`m preeeeetty sure Nintendo didn`t invent 3D

IN FACT they weren`t even the first to do 3D gaming, check it out  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_Monster_Maze

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Lostplanet22 said:
^^' Amazing...

huh?

I wanted to type 'Amazing news totally did not expected it from Nintendo to come out with news like this on a regular day'...But then my boss came in and I accidentely posted only the word amazing;..Wanted to edit it later but then he came in my office again X_X...

And now I could finally edit cause he is getting some coffee =p.

I can just dream with it ...
LostPlanet 22 the rock/emo girl in you sig ...just awesome ...just Like 3DS ^^

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

So this is great news, what do we think the price point would be? I'm guessing $150?

Also, how many PS2s have been sold WW? The DS should still be able to pass it?

It's just that simple.

psrock said:

Oh psrock, you sure do know how to stir the pot.

Also:

Aaaahhhhhhhh

stof said:
Zucas said:
Nvm, this is completely confirmed. Here's the major media outlet I was waiting for:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/107/1079233p1.html

Thanks for the confirmation. Now we can commence the holy crapping.

Nintendo sure aren't standing still. Neither are they afraid of high tech with a 3D high powered handheld.

If they're willing to do this, got to make you wonder what they'll do for the next Wii in the tech department.

Not only that, this is what I call innovation. They will remain hanheld king :)

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .