By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Move is a copy/inspired by Wii or Move ins't a copy/inspired by Wii poll

Move is a copy/inspired by Wii or Move ins't a copy/inspired by Wii poll

Yes 317 67.74%

No 151 32.26%

Total:468
Random Canadian said:
Jesus christ not another one

I intend to petition for a rules change to the site based off the results. There is a difference here.

Tease.

Around the Network

I think it's obviously inspired by the wiimote/nunchuck.

Obviously it is inspired by the Wii.

I don't remember many people thinking it wasn't?

It is inspired by the Wii Remote.

I can't wait to see all the great 3rd party support that it gets though!

And I forgot to mention in my earlier post: Yes, I believe the design is copied.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

These threads are quite annoying. Honestly, how else would they have designed a motion controller without having a left analog stick, triggers, a d pad and all of the functionality of the current dualshock without its present design.It's basically just a sixaxis dualshock 3 split down the middle with added camera functionality. Get real people.

i think this being done in 2004 says it all ;)

Inspired? Yes, the design. Copied? No, we've all seen that video of PS2's prototype.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I really fail to see what's wrong on talking about the Move and the WiiMote. The world certainly won't end just because of another thread/poll. Just ignore it if you find it fugly :)

Yes, IMO it is inspired by Wii. And, also what Dgc said.

Dgc1808 said:
The look and design is Wii inspired. The tech and configuration's original.

I'm not voting, because as I see it, it could be both. Obviously if Nintendo hadn't done the Wii, the exact thing that is today the Move and the support it's getting would have been different, but I don't know if it would be enough to warrant a 'yes'.