By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Move is a copy/inspired by Wii or Move ins't a copy/inspired by Wii poll

Move is a copy/inspired by Wii or Move ins't a copy/inspired by Wii poll

Yes 317 67.74%

No 151 32.26%

Total:468
huaxiong90 said:
If you think about it from a technical perspective, then no, not to mention Sony claims it's been in the works for a while.

But from a business perspective, I doubt Sony would've released Move if it wasn't for the Wii's success.

That's my take on it.

i agree.

Around the Network

You should add a category for it not mattering.....but yeah, they definitely expanded on the idea of the Wii, just as we wouldn't have the Playstation Network if Xbox Live hadn't been so successful. Then again, PS2 had SOME online, so maybe we would have.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Everyone copied Magnavox with home consoles, without them we would be arguing which arcade machine was supperior. Galaga is better than Space Invaders!!!!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

100% inspired/copied the Wii.

Anyone who doesn't think this is in denial. And judging by the current poll results, that's 11 of you.

ph4nt said:

Anyone who doesn't think this is in denial. And judging by the current poll results, that's 11 of you.

here you go buddy...enjoy.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbSzmRt7HhQ#

Around the Network

Whether you agree or disagree I am hoping to put this matter at rest. Im sick of the BS and even if its not 100% correct then at least having a stated position, like the Xbox 360 exclusive/not exclusive debates will be good for the site so you can go into a Move thread and not just see 70% of the discussion revert to the copy/not a copy debate.

Tease.

ph4nt said:

I said "no" only because the tech is different and because the controllers have been in development since the days of the eyetoy.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Jesus christ not another one

I voted Yes.
I don't know about copy, but I do believe Sony was inspired by the Wii controller.

The games and marketing look like copies... but the device, no, not really.