By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Move is a copy/inspired by Wii or Move ins't a copy/inspired by Wii poll

Move is a copy/inspired by Wii or Move ins't a copy/inspired by Wii poll

Yes 317 67.74%

No 151 32.26%

Total:468
BoneArk said:
Yes, a lot of the Moves games resemble the Wii games.

Wii rips of sony and ms confirmed? I mean... a lot of wii games resemble Sony and MS games

Around the Network

why do people make such a huge deal about this?

who cares who copied who as long as its fun right;p

BoneArk said:

And the Wii games resemble the PS2 Eye Toy games (even the names).  Your point?  This whole "copy" thing is getting ridiculous.  Yes, the actual design of the controler is inspired by the Wii-mote/Nunchuck, just as the Gamecube/X-box controllers are inspired by the Dual Shock.  However, the actual tech and concept of Move was in development before Nintendo started development of the Wii, with it being patented around the same time Nintendo finalised the design and tech of the Wii for production.  And I highly doubt Sony and Nintendo were showing each other their work.  This is the way all companies work, take existing tech and improve upon it.  If not, we would all have crappy, buggy tech.

My only question to Squilliam is, why so concerned with this issue?  I mean this is like the second thread, that I have seen anyway, about this topic within a week.  Does it really bother you that much?  Where are your "MS copied off of the PS Eye" threads?  I mean it's the same idea.  MS is getting the same results as the Eye with different tech, while Sony is getting the same results as the Wiimote with different tech.  Like I stated before, this has always happened and it will always continue to happen.  This is how tech progresses.  Be an open-minded adult/gamer. Except it and get over it.

Snozzle said:
Icyedge said:
Snozzle said:
I think if the WAGGLE Sr. hadn't weathered the storm of "FAD, WAGGLE" BS that Sony and MS propagated through their fanboy network then neither company would have tried to compete with the Wii WAGGLE Sr.. For companies that "aren't in competition" with Nintendo they sure copy them like they are.

The claim that Sony was thinking about it 10 years ago don't mean sh*t they didn't have the balls to introduce it in the 7th generation until they realized their years of FAD/WAGGLE propaganda had failed. I love to hear how original Sony is being I can't wait to play PiiSPORTS and The Legend of Kratos: Ocarina of Betrayal. New! Super Sockboy Bros. is totally different from Mario because they are electricians and I hear Sony is developing an exercise system called Pii Sit and it's original because you only exercise your butt muscles the controller is a custom wireless butt mat. It should be popular with all the PS3 couch potatoes it will get them in to condition to sit through the epic 50 hour+ sausage fests they love to play.

I hear Sony's next innovation will be to introduce an SD video downgrade "upgrade" for the PS3 if the WAGGLE Jr. doesn't pan out.

Why would they not answer the consumer demand if theres one? Whatever they said in the past, if consumers demand something today, they should be offering it. The contrary would be a problem. Anyway, did you forgot the mandatory cam?

Between, eyetoy kinetic, eyetoy bowling and eyetoy mini games released long before the Wii. Now they shouldnt do upgraded version with their new controller because Nintendo released similar games on Wii?

P.S.: This site dont need anymore fanboy troll. If you dont like Sony or Microsoft you can stick to the Wii forum or calm down and reduce sarcasm usage.

There is no consumer demand for for a FAD like WAGGLING control those that don't remember their past are "Doomed" to repeat it. The Eye Toy was a MAJOR FAD failure! Only about 7% of PS2 owners bought into the FAD. My Wiimote works in the dark the eye toy doesn't that's the reason the Piimote has a goofy colored light up Ben Wa ball on the end, it is so its anemic camera can keep up in low light conditions.  The Wiimote has its camera inside the controller and it is IR so it can see in the dark.  It's more convient that way and less distracting plus it doesn't look retarded.

It doesn't matter if you TRIED to have kids that doesn't make you a parent. I never said they shouldn't release the WAGGE Jr. but they should admit they are following the leader because they didn't have the balls to introduce their innovation to the market first. This only proves they were wrong and they are in competition with the Wii regardless of their propaganda to the contrary. If you are saying that Sony had the Piimote before the Wii was released then that make Sony even more foolish and incompentent because Nintendo beat them to death with their own failed product.

P.S. I own a PS2 but Sony wanted to be greedy bastards and took out the backwards compatability in the PS3 so they can bite me and my extensive PS2 library. If you can't handle the truth maybe you should calm down and ignore me.

thismeintiel said:
BoneArk said:

And the Wii games resemble the PS2 Eye Toy games (even the names).  Your point?  This whole "copy" thing is getting ridiculous.  Yes, the actual design of the controler is inspired by the Wii-mote/Nunchuck, just as the Gamecube/X-box controllers are inspired by the Dual Shock.  However, the actual tech and concept of Move was in development before Nintendo started development of the Wii, with it being patented around the same time Nintendo finalised the design and tech of the Wii for production.  And I highly doubt Sony and Nintendo were showing each other their work.  This is the way all companies work, take existing tech and improve upon it.  If not, we would all have crappy, buggy tech.

My only question to Squilliam is, why so concerned with this issue?  I mean this is like the second thread, that I have seen anyway, about this topic within a week.  Does it really bother you that much?  Where are your "MS copied off of the PS Eye" threads?  I mean it's the same idea.  MS is getting the same results as the Eye with different tech, while Sony is getting the same results as the Wiimote with different tech.  Like I stated before, this has always happened and it will always continue to happen.  This is how tech progresses.  Be an open-minded adult/gamer. Except it and get over it.

Actually according to him, Mircorsoft ripped off Nintendo not sony. Also it should be noted the Move does use some of the same technology.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
mike_intellivision said:
For what it is being used for -- yes.

The 2004 motion demo is interesting ... reminds me of MagiQuest: http://www.magiquest.com/

But it is not the same function as its current incarnation.

Mike from Morgantown

so you think sony developed the move entirly for one game? interesting.

No. Not at all.

What I am saying is that the current technology does not look as much like the old technology as the old technology looks like something that is found at a Great Wolf Lodge.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Icyedge said:
Snozzle said:
Icyedge said:
Snozzle said:
I think if the WAGGLE Sr. hadn't weathered the storm of "FAD, WAGGLE" BS that Sony and MS propagated through their fanboy network then neither company would have tried to compete with the Wii WAGGLE Sr.. For companies that "aren't in competition" with Nintendo they sure copy them like they are.

The claim that Sony was thinking about it 10 years ago don't mean sh*t they didn't have the balls to introduce it in the 7th generation until they realized their years of FAD/WAGGLE propaganda had failed. I love to hear how original Sony is being I can't wait to play PiiSPORTS and The Legend of Kratos: Ocarina of Betrayal. New! Super Sockboy Bros. is totally different from Mario because they are electricians and I hear Sony is developing an exercise system called Pii Sit and it's original because you only exercise your butt muscles the controller is a custom wireless butt mat. It should be popular with all the PS3 couch potatoes it will get them in to condition to sit through the epic 50 hour+ sausage fests they love to play.

I hear Sony's next innovation will be to introduce an SD video downgrade "upgrade" for the PS3 if the WAGGLE Jr. doesn't pan out.

Why would they not answer the consumer demand if theres one? Whatever they said in the past, if consumers demand something today, they should be offering it. The contrary would be a problem. Anyway, did you forgot the mandatory cam?

Between, eyetoy kinetic, eyetoy bowling and eyetoy mini games released long before the Wii. Now they shouldnt do upgraded version with their new controller because Nintendo released similar games on Wii?

P.S.: This site dont need anymore fanboy troll. If you dont like Sony or Microsoft you can stick to the Wii forum or calm down and reduce sarcasm usage.

There is no consumer demand for for a FAD like WAGGLING control those that don't remember their past are "Doomed" to repeat it. The Eye Toy was a MAJOR FAD failure! Only about 7% of PS2 owners bought into the FAD. My Wiimote works in the dark the eye toy doesn't that's the reason the Piimote has a goofy colored light up Ben Wa ball on the end, it is so its anemic camera can keep up in low light conditions.  The Wiimote has its camera inside the controller and it is IR so it can see in the dark.  It's more convient that way and less distracting plus it doesn't look retarded.

It doesn't matter if you TRIED to have kids that doesn't make you a parent. I never said they shouldn't release the WAGGE Jr. but they should admit they are following the leader because they didn't have the balls to introduce their innovation to the market first. This only proves they were wrong and they are in competition with the Wii regardless of their propaganda to the contrary. If you are saying that Sony had the Piimote before the Wii was released then that make Sony even more foolish and incompentent because Nintendo beat them to death with their own failed product.

P.S. I own a PS2 but Sony wanted to be greedy bastards and took out the backwards compatability in the PS3 so they can bite me and my extensive PS2 library. If you can't handle the truth maybe you should calm down and ignore me.

Damn, You like my opinions so much you reposted them in their entirety. Thanks for the heads up could you just bump my thoughts once a page so everyone can see?

Snozzle said:
Icyedge said:
Snozzle said:
Icyedge said:

Damn, You like my opinions so much you reposted them in their entirety. Thanks for the heads up could you just bump my thoughts once a page so everyone can see?

lol