By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reviewers needed! Apply now!

disolitude said:
Kasz216 said:
disolitude said:
We sit here and argue about reviews...but would anyone really want to review games for a living?
Having to play that shitty 40 hour sandbox game till the end...yikes!

But its cool that VGchartz lets people pick the games they want to review.

Ah dude come on... playing a bad game to the very end is informative...

I've played tons of bad games to a conclusion.  It really teaches you a lot about what makes what makes a good game good and a bad game bad... and it gives you a better appreciation of good games.

After gaming for 20 years I know when a game is a bad game for me in an hour in to it. No need to play it till the end. Besides it is all about taste... People may give Batman GOTY last year but that was one of the most safe and boring games ive played last year. Sure its polished as they come and looks great but I've played everything that game had to offer before...

haven't you ever played a bad game though, but apreciated it for what it was TRYING to do.  Maybe it's just me i'm weird.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Mirson said:
Any good reason why the review sample has to be on a game that released within 90 days? I mean, you're just going to look on our writing style, content and scoring right?

Naz really wants something that we could post up after we go through the trouble of looking it over and doing all the necessary edits, assuming the person was accepted as a reviewer.

I had a feeling someone was going to say that, but if I recall correctly, Kantor's first VGC review was on a 3 year old game ;). Though I'm not sure if you guys are currently under Metacritic's radar. I know they become a little picky when you're under consideration (been there before).

Oh well, the next game I'm getting that isn't claimed is Strange Journey, and I might finish that in May (including the review). I'll apply then if it hasn't been reviewed.

Machina said:
Torillian said:
Tanstalas said:
Torillian said:
Machina said:
Tanstalas said:
Joel12345 said:
Ill do it Ill right a review now which game to review hmm lol
Scene It? Twilight

I was going to review that, kinda regret not buying it now :(

your love of that series still confounds me and makes me question your sanity.

Sanity, or sexuality?  LOL J/K

oh I don't question his sexuality, he's bi.  Never shuts up about it either.

Dude, you're confusing me with Zexen.

Hey, that's not true. You're confusing "never shutting up" with "having something to talk about"

zexen_lowe said:
Machina said:
Torillian said:
Tanstalas said:
Torillian said:
Machina said:
Tanstalas said:
Joel12345 said:
Ill do it Ill right a review now which game to review hmm lol
Scene It? Twilight

I was going to review that, kinda regret not buying it now :(

your love of that series still confounds me and makes me question your sanity.

Sanity, or sexuality?  LOL J/K

oh I don't question his sexuality, he's bi.  Never shuts up about it either.

Dude, you're confusing me with Zexen.

Hey, that's not true. You're confusing "never shutting up" with "having something to talk about"

That was a whole post without mentioning how yer gay.....amazing.  I'm going to go tell Machina ^^

man, I was gonna write a Fragile Dreams review but it was added to the list of games already being reviewed.
I guess I'll rent the Calling.

Around the Network

@Wetmelon - we're only looking for people with the platforms listed in the OP unfortunately.

*Dies a little inside* If only PS3s weren't so bloody expensive :(. I refuse to give money to Microsoft.

Not only is life a bitch, it has puppies.

Edit - NVM, damn 90 day rule ..

Aw Fragile Dreams got added to that list.. So much for that half written review I have saved in the computer now.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Hopefully the drive works out. I myself would be happy to see more PSP reviews.

Hephaestos said:
errr so you have a country selection because you need to send free copies?
isn't that counter productive? you could have very motivated people in other contries that don't need the free games...

(for people looking for games to review... it doesn't seem they are or have reviewed Tatsunoko... great game too especially if you're a fan of the genre)

personnaly i'd want to write reviews... but it would just end up being a bunch of BS :p

We get a fair few free review copies already and, with the exception of the PS3 ones (which are surprisingly the rarest), we have very few people who can review them.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective