By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

Metal Gear Solid 77 30.43%

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 22 8.70%

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 72 28.46%

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 56 22.13%

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 3 1.19%

I like two or more equally 23 9.09%

Total:253

Probably the original. And I mean the original original, not that shitty GC remake.

Sad that Ghost Babel got ignored entirely, it was 100% awesome and easily more deserving of a listing than Portable Ops. Though really, it's not technically a "Solid" game.

Around the Network

My mind is blown, MGS is currently winning. I just. . . wow.

OT: Yes number 1 is the best, it really was something to behold for the time I imagine. I just played it for the first time last year and it was still absolutely amazing, something I can't say for another big title from that year.

MGS1

I have a man-crush on Solid Snake, plus I loved the experiences that were MGS and MGS4. The wow factor was definitely highest for me when playing MGS1 and MGS4. My favourite stories also were MGS1 and MGS4. Probably my two favourite games of all time are MGS and MGS4.

I am definitely not surprised that MGS1, MGS4, AND MGS3 are leading the poll. They are all great games- I just give the slight edge to 1 and 4 because I prefer Snake over Big Boss, and the stories of MGS and MGS4 over MGS3. Not to say MGS3 is a bad game...

Human contact, the final frontier.

MGS3 - in terms of plot and how the narration of the story went was something i liked very much. Game play wise it was good however the changing of the camo was a pain at times

MGS4 - one solid gameplay i've seen, always respect it. in terms of plot or story narration not so much but still not as good as 3.

Around the Network

How is MGS4 loosing?!!!!!

EDIT:

and MGS2....wow only 8 votes

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The last one, when it's released.

Metal Gear Solid is still the best of the series, from the addictive storyline that is only slightly wacky, to some of the best design in the series, before some things became so convoluted both in story and gameplay.

I've got the original and Twin Snakes, the rest of the series that I went on a binge and bought after finding out how awesome the first one was... I kinda sold off :S I really wish I could beat MGS3 and MGS4 but man I just can't sit there through those cut scenes... it's just too much -_-

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MGS1 by FAR.

I voted for MGS but they should have had an option for Twin Snakes it my preferred version. Great story with MGS2 graphics.