By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

Metal Gear Solid 77 30.43%

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 22 8.70%

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 72 28.46%

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 56 22.13%

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 3 1.19%

I like two or more equally 23 9.09%

Total:253

I am curious to see what people think is the best Metal Gear Solid game. They are all great games- Kojima-san has done an amazing job with the revitalization of the Metal Gear series.

I definitely won't choose Portable Ops, the only Metal Gear game I would classify as "average". I wasn't a big Raiden fan in Metal Gear Solid 2, so I am not going to choose that game, still it was a great game. I still prefer Solid Snake to Big Boss, plus I did think that for a Metal Gear Solid game, (along with PO) the story was too simplistic. Now it comes down to MGS and MGS4. Honestly I can't choose a winner. The two best games I have ever played.

Tell which game you voted for and tell why if you want. BTW, I chose I like two or more equally 

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network

MGS4 is my favorite. It was my first MGS game and it was amazing. I have since played MGS2 and 3, and they just felt average compared to 4.

Sons of Liberty

Everything was brilliant about that game.

I must say I haven't played MGS4 yet though.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots.

That game delivered the ultimate gaming experience. No game has come close to topping it, but I know one game that will!

*Looks at Sig*

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Boutros said:
Sons of Liberty

Everything was brilliant about that game.

I must say I haven't played MGS4 yet though.

I don't know, I still can't get over the fact that Raiden was the main character. Plus, I was disappointed by the story because it was too political. Not to mention that the boss fights in that game were a notch below MGS1,3, and 4 other than the fight with the 3 Metal Gears

Around the Network

The first is the best.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

iLLmaticV3 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots.

That game delivered the ultimate gaming experience. No game has come close to topping it, but I know one game that will!

*Looks at Sig*

I also like Final Fantasy, and Versus 13 will be awesome. And I agree, MGS4 is such a technical masterpiece with good boss fights and a great story if you played MGS1,2, and 3. Still, I can't put it over MGS because that game, along with FF7, brought me into gaming. 

MGS3 (Subsistence). Best Graphical game on the PS2 (too bad there was no widescreen), best story, best soundtrack, best character (Naked Snake/Big Boss), this game is the PS2's best

I would have to say Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence, because the new camera really upgraded the game and it was much better than the awful top down perspective from Snake Eater.

MGS1 is my runner-up, MGS2 is my least favorite... Raiden... the story... ugh..

MGS3.

That game is by far the only game to make me tear up at the end. MGS4 is a close second.