By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

Metal Gear Solid 77 30.43%

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 22 8.70%

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 72 28.46%

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 56 22.13%

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 3 1.19%

I like two or more equally 23 9.09%

Total:253

i love the first one the most cause i every time got so good memories playin it but the best is the 3rd and shortly after that the 4th!

i think Peace Walker is gonna be great but i want at least a PS2 version of it!

Around the Network

MGS4 > MGS > MGS3 > MGS1

Ahh, I cannot wait for Peace Walker!

I'm a big fan of the MGS series and I've loved all mainstream MGS titles but for me I've never played a game that offers me such a perfect gaming experience like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

MGS4 is THE best game I've ever played. For me it's got the best box art and best game title. Guns of the Patriots just sounds soooooo EPIC!

TT Makaveli said:
i love the first one the most cause i every time got so good memories playin it but the best is the 3rd and shortly after that the 4th!

i think Peace Walker is gonna be great but i want at least a PS2 version of it!

I agree Peace Walker will be awesome. Picking it up on day 1 

Human contact, the final frontier.

Close race between MGS, MG3:SE, and MGS4: GOP. It is obvious that those three MGS games are some of the greatest games of all time. Keep voting

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 3. Would have been four if they didn't destroy the codec.

4 ≈ One

MGS4 hands down

MGS4 > MGS3> MGS1 > MGS2

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

MGS1, MG, MG2: Solid Snake, MGS2, MGS4, then MGS3: Subsistence. I liked all of them a lot, though, and I was never disappointed.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for me. People complained about the story because it was confusing, but I loved the story because of how much depth it had, and how it opened up all sorts of discussion on forums. MGS2 made for the best forum discussion I've ever experienced. People also complain about Raiden, but Raiden turned Snake into such a badass that I never cared. Yeah, I wish I could've spent more time as Snake, but the trade-off was worth it, Snake became a real legend after MGS2.

MGS is meh, the gameplay is way too primitive for me to play and enjoy nowadays, the only reason to play it is for the story.

MGS: Twin Snakes is probably my second favorite. The boss battles are a lot easier than MGS when you don't play on Extreme, but so long as you ramp up the difficulty, the game is a blast. I loved the over-the-top cutscenes, they were purposefully ridiculous, it's like a parody of old games and how they are generally remembered better than they really are.

MGS3: Snake Eater was lame for me, I never liked it and Subsistence came too late to repair my image of it. Between the top-down camera and the nuisance of changing your camouflage all the fucking time, I couldn't enjoy it. In my opinion, pressing the start button all the time is not good game design.

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots was an amazing experience the first couple times I played it, but when it comes to replaying it, I can't stand the game. Drebin is totally unnecessary, the bosses suck because they have no character whatsoever and are annoying with their poorly acted screams, crying, and laughing, the ending SUCKS, and there's very little room for interpretation. I rated it a 10/10 after I played it twice, but now I feel like it's a solid 8/10. It also infuriated me that you could have about 9 or 10 items equipped for easy access, but only 5 weapons. WTF?

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Sorcery said:

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots was an amazing experience the first couple times I played it, but when it comes to replaying it, I can't stand the game. Drebin is totally unnecessary, the bosses suck because they have no character whatsoever and are annoying with their poorly acted screams, crying, and laughing, the ending SUCKS, and there's very little room for interpretation. I rated it a 10/10 after I played it twice, but now I feel like it's a solid 8/10. It also infuriated me that you could have about 9 or 10 items equipped for easy access, but only 5 weapons. WTF?

I think MGS4 could've been polished out so much more. I don't even know where to begin.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!