By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

Metal Gear Solid 77 30.43%

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 22 8.70%

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 72 28.46%

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 56 22.13%

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 3 1.19%

I like two or more equally 23 9.09%

Total:253
the_lonely_gamer_123 said:
SickleSigh said:
MGS2 is my favorite and the first I played. I really wasn't expecting such a thrilling and awe inspiring game. I couldn't turn it off and the plot twists at the end were cool. I didn't mind playing as Raiden because I didn't know anything of Snake. MGS3 was very good as well. Never played MGS 1 for ps1. I bought MGS4 but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Not sure why, the overall feel for the game and less need for stealth maybe? I'm sure I'll finish it one of these days.

You have a good point. If you didn't play MGS1, chances are that you liked Raiden and you probably liked the game a lot. Even the people who beat MGS1 liked MGS2, but not nearly as much because of Raiden, Rose, and the more narrative approach to the game. Plus, Solidus Snake was not nearly as great/memorable of a villain when compared to Liquid Snake or Liquid Ocelot (MGS4). 

@Anarchy West- Metal Gear was not included as it was not a Metal Gear Solid game. 

the "Solid" part of Metal Gear Solid means the transition to 3D as the series started out 2D, Metal Gear 1 and 2 are still canon although they have been retconned to death they are still canon. Metal Gear 2 is also a favorite among the elite Metal gear saga fans

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
Sorcery said:

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots was an amazing experience the first couple times I played it, but when it comes to replaying it, I can't stand the game. Drebin is totally unnecessary, the bosses suck because they have no character whatsoever and are annoying with their poorly acted screams, crying, and laughing, the ending SUCKS, and there's very little room for interpretation. I rated it a 10/10 after I played it twice, but now I feel like it's a solid 8/10. It also infuriated me that you could have about 9 or 10 items equipped for easy access, but only 5 weapons. WTF?

I think MGS4 could've been polished out so much more. I don't even know where to begin.

Kojima would've been able to put out a complete version of the game if Sony would've allowed him to release it on two Blu Ray discs like it should've been.

I don't think he did fill up 50 GB.

But one thing he could've polished out is the stealth gameplay as you said. I need an incentive to use the tools he's given, because you can breeze through the game without using them. The game engine could've been better too.

There is so much that could've been fixed. But I really can't be bothered to write them down. The same goes for MGO. It's flawed in so many ways, especially the body mechanics. The idea and execution of the online play and features is brilliant. But technical blunders really tainted the game.

He couldn't because Sony told him not to. If he did he would've made the Blu Ray Disc seem pointless for ambitious devs leaving multiple discs to still be an option. Sony didn't want this, so they told him not to add and cut him off at one Blu Ray disc.

That's the first time I heard about that, but why would it become obsolete? It's not like developers have made any big games to this day.

May I ask where you got this info from, though?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

METAL GEAR SOLID

Was a epic game Metal Gear Solid had epic story and boss battles and is one of the many masterpieces of gaming of Kojima Hideo that redefined the Stealth Action Genre.

METAL GEAR SOLID 2

Metal Gear Solid 2 was the first Metal Gear game I played and was one of the greatest games on the PS2 not as epic has the first one but a masterpiece in its on right.  

METAL GEAR SOLID 3

Metal Gear Solid 3 the Game were you get to play as BIG BOSS the original Badass
Metal Gear Solid 3 had new gameplay and arguably the most epic boss battles ever seen.   

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Solid the end of Solid Snake's story is one of the most epic masterpieces i gaming history it is arguably the best Metal Gear Game with Epic everything from Cinematics to Boss battles to music.

All the Metal gear Games are Epic masterpices of there time from the Metal Gear Games on the MSX MG & MG2 Solid Snake to the MGS series on the PS, PS2 and PS3. from the Cinematic presentation to he boas battles in the siresto the epic music score of each
game. to me MGS is like FF I love them all equally only splinting them when really having to. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

sabby_e17 said:
sabby_e17 said:
MGS4 > MGS > MGS3 > MGS1

Ahh, I cannot wait for Peace Walker!

huh?

?

You have MGS and MGS1, which are the same games. Probably just a typo

Human contact, the final frontier.

hikaruchan said:

METAL GEAR SOLID

Was a epic game Metal Gear Solid had epic story and boss battles and is one of the many masterpieces of gaming of Kojima Hideo that redefined the Stealth Action Genre.

METAL GEAR SOLID 2

Metal Gear Solid 2 was the first Metal Gear game I played and was one of the greatest games on the PS2 not as epic has the first one but a masterpiece in its on right.  

METAL GEAR SOLID 3

Metal Gear Solid 3 the Game were you get to play as BIG BOSS the original Badass
Metal Gear Solid 3 had new gameplay and arguably the most epic boss battles ever seen.   

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Solid the end of Solid Snake's story is one of the most epic masterpieces i gaming history it is arguably the best Metal Gear Game with Epic everything from Cinematics to Boss battles to music.

All the Metal gear Games are Epic masterpices of there time from the Metal Gear Games on the MSX MG & MG2 Solid Snake to the MGS series on the PS, PS2 and PS3. 

Thank you for posting these videos.

Around the Network
AnarchyWest said:
SickleSigh said:
MGS2 is my favorite and the first I played. I really wasn't expecting such a thrilling and awe inspiring game. I couldn't turn it off and the plot twists at the end were cool. I didn't mind playing as Raiden because I didn't know anything of Snake. MGS3 was very good as well. Never played MGS 1 for ps1. I bought MGS4 but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Not sure why, the overall feel for the game and less need for stealth maybe? I'm sure I'll finish it one of these days.

You have a good point. If you didn't play MGS1, chances are that you liked Raiden and you probably liked the game a lot. Even the people who beat MGS1 liked MGS2, but not nearly as much because of Raiden, Rose, and the more narrative approach to the game. Plus, Solidus Snake was not nearly as great/memorable of a villain when compared to Liquid Snake or Liquid Ocelot (MGS4). 

@Anarchy West- Metal Gear was not included as it was not a Metal Gear Solid game. 

the "Solid" part of Metal Gear Solid means the transition to 3D as the series started out 2D, Metal Gear 1 and 2 are still canon although they have been retconned to death they are still canon. Metal Gear 2 is also a favorite among the elite Metal gear saga fans

I know that. But I wanted to compare the 3D games. Why? They are a lot of people in their twenties who didn't have A NES growing up and they didn't buy MGS3: Subsistence. Also, they are only so many spots I could fill out. If I were to add MG and MG2, I would have to kick out one MGS game, which I decided not to do. 

Now this is going to be pretty sad, but I finally beat MGS4:GOP on The Boss Extreme. It was definitely a challenge. To anyone complaining about MGS4 being too easy (the people who do generally beat it on Solid Normal or worse and say it was easy), try MGS4 on The Boss Extreme or at the very least, Big Boss Hard.

sabby_e17 said:
sabby_e17 said:
MGS4 > MGS > MGS3 > MGS1

Ahh, I cannot wait for Peace Walker!

huh?

?

You have MGS and MGS1, which are the same games. Probably just a typo

The hell? Lol, I dunno how, but I did make a stupid typo.

MGS4 > MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS2

Who would say that MG or MG2:Solid Snake is their favourite MG game? I will keep track of those votes as well, but you would have to place a comment on this board

So, it looks like MGS has won. Can't beat the original 3D Metal Gear game that blew our minds in 1998.