By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The HeartGold/SoulSilver Pokemon Team Thread!

nordlead said:
Growlithe Pidgeot Poliwhirl Ampharos Machoke Umbreon

8 badges.

I came really close to beating the elite four with just Ampharos and Umbreon at level 40, and everyone else at level 32, but I couldn't get past Karen's last pokemon (Houndoom). Koga's Muk gives me problems too, as Koga typically uses a full restore and by that point it gets so hard to land a strong hit on Muk who is constantly using shrink (or whatever it is).

While I don't like grinding I got Pidgeotto into Pidgeot so far, and Machoke has gained a few levels. Once I get everyone up to 40 I should be able to take them on no problem.

When it comes to Muk you m ght want to try to use a Psychic Type attack.With Karen you might want to try Water ,Fighting Or ground type atttacks. Rock type attacks work well too. I went through the Elite Four like 5 times before i beat them. I can now proudly say that I have all 16 badges... Let me drop you a hint... It's not the elite four you need to worry about.It's whats waiting in Kanto for you.

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi

Around the Network
nordlead said:

8 badges.

I came really close to beating the elite four with just Ampharos and Umbreon at level 40, and everyone else at level 32, but I couldn't get past Karen's last pokemon (Houndoom). Koga's Muk gives me problems too, as Koga typically uses a full restore and by that point it gets so hard to land a strong hit on Muk who is constantly using shrink (or whatever it is).

While I don't like grinding I got Pidgeotto into Pidgeot so far, and Machoke has gained a few levels. Once I get everyone up to 40 I should be able to take them on no problem.

Get a fire stone to evolve your growlithe, a water stone to evolve your poilwhirl, and trade your machoke to make it evolve. Then do some more training and you will be ready. (My team was between 36 and 55 when I beat the league.)

Also, I just caught Ho-oh and am off to catch Mewtwo. I was no match for Red yet but I did manage to beat his pkachu though and almost beat his lapras. lol

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Just figured out my final team.

Let me hear what you guys think about it okay =)

//Golem

*Stealth Rock
*Earthquake
*Explosion
*Roar

//Vaporeon

*Wish
*Protect
*Surf
*Ice Beam

//Magneton

*Thunderbolt
*Hidden power fire
*Magnet rise
*Substitute

//Scizor

*Sword Dance
*Brick Break
*Toxic
*Bullet Punch

//Charizard

*Flamethrower
*Sunny Day
*Solar Beam
*Roost

//Flygon

*Draco Meteor
*Earthquake
*Fire Blast
*U-Turn

Starting with golem and use stealth rock. then see how much HP he has left.

Use explosion as last resort so he would still have a kill =P

supermario128 said:
nordlead said:

8 badges.

Get a fire stone to evolve your growlithe, a water stone to evolve your poilwhirl, and trade your machoke to make it evolve. Then do some more training and you will be ready. (My team was between 36 and 55 when I beat the league.)

Also, I just caught Ho-oh and am off to catch Mewtwo. I was no match for Red yet but I did manage to beat his pkachu though and almost beat his lapras. lol

if I evolve either my poliwhirl or growlithe I lose out on moves I want them to have.

As for machoke I just haven't gotten to it yet, nor do I know if evolving him early will make me miss out on certain moves.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Okay guys... I need your help! I'm about to give my team nicknames... based off Avatar.

Feraligatr: Jake Sully (He's big and blue )
Weavile: Neytiri (She's my only female on my team...)
Gliscor: Seze (Neytiri's Ikran/Mountain Banshee... because its a flying Pokemon!)
Magmortar: Tsu'tey (They have similar faces. )

Now for Scizor I'm thinking either Quaritch or just Amp Suit (Well, Quaritch drives an Amp Suit which is made up of metal. )
And then there's Electivire... not sure about him.

So fellow nerds, help me out!

@Nordlead

Direct trade evolutions (Machamp, Alakazam, Golem, and Gengar) don't miss out on any moves their pre-evolutions learn. In fact, they learn the moves at the exact same level as their pre-evolution, which is pretty cool.

Around the Network

So I HAVE THE GAME!!!

Gold Versions obviously

I have just a chikorita right now..I haven't played much because of well trying to platinum a game that released this month {hint hin wink wink}

But I don;t rmember, if the first gym is a rock pokemon gym I'm doooooomed!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Carl2291 said:
I went and go tit today...

But...

*cries*

SILVER WAS SOLD OUT!

I had to get Gold!

I went by my local store yesterday morning and they had both versions. I didn't have any money with me though, so I got back in the afternoon, and SILVER SOLD OUT! I also got Heart Gold!!!

In a stroke of luck though, only 4 hours into the game and I caught a shiny Geodude ^_^

SmokedHostage said:

Politoed

Golem

Meganium

Ampharos

Espeon

Charizard

Taking my time because I know this will be my first and last HeartGold playthrough on this cart.

EDIT: Updated for relevance.

My party as of 2:22 PM 4/1/10

This is not an April Fool's joke but.. this will be my party for the rest of the game.  The only change is Poliwhirl evolving.  Now I have an adorable Politoed. :3 On a side note, I've defeated the Elite Four and am on my way to Kanto.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Wildvine53 said:

My team as of March 22, they are all level 40, and I'm on my way to the 8th gym

Petals (Meganium)

Ponyo (Horsea)

Lapras

Shaun (Ampharos)

Balladeer (Wigglytuff)

Rotundy (Snorlax)

My updated team as of 4/1/10

I finally beat the elite 4 and obtained the National Dex. They're all level 62 except Ponyo who's level 76

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Bred in Diamond, imported to Silver:

Espeon
Leafeon
Glaceon
Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon