By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has the Wii already peaked?

yeah it peaked in 2008, although december 2009 looks like it will be the peak month.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
axt113 said:
sergiodaly said:
i am no expert but my predictions points to 17 mil this year... this with no price cut...

17 Million, lol, no way, last year they sold 22 million, and Wii sales plummeted for much of the year, this year they have shortages, and are already up yoy, so no way they'll lose 5 million in sales

but last year wii had 8 months of 150$ price advantage over the playstation (don't really know about xbox but i think this also applies to MS console too)... this year is going to be 12 months of only 100$ price advantage over the competition... my 17mil (might go up to 19mil with very good holyday season and zelda) prediction its for, no wii price cut in 2010... in therms of software, wii doesn't have system sellers like its competitors IMO this year (yes zelda might bring some light into wii sales but not sure that comes this year)...

like i said, i am no expert...

PS3 and 360 price has no effect on Wii sales

Wii vitality is probably bigger than everything on the PS3 and 360 lineup combined

on a monthly basis... DEC 09

on a yearly... not sure, 10 could be the pic (or at least fiscal year April 10 to march 11)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Eh, I'm just waiting for the next Mario Kart expansion

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

axt113 said:
sergiodaly said:
axt113 said:
sergiodaly said:
i am no expert but my predictions points to 17 mil this year... this with no price cut...

17 Million, lol, no way, last year they sold 22 million, and Wii sales plummeted for much of the year, this year they have shortages, and are already up yoy, so no way they'll lose 5 million in sales

but last year wii had 8 months of 150$ price advantage over the playstation (don't really know about xbox but i think this also applies to MS console too)... this year is going to be 12 months of only 100$ price advantage over the competition... my 17mil (might go up to 19mil with very good holyday season and zelda) prediction its for, no wii price cut in 2010... in therms of software, wii doesn't have system sellers like its competitors IMO this year (yes zelda might bring some light into wii sales but not sure that comes this year)...

like i said, i am no expert...

PS3 and 360 price has no effect on Wii sales

Wii vitality is probably bigger than everything on the PS3 and 360 lineup combined

I think the vitality sensor is the big unknown here - whether it turns into another Wii Music or another Wii Fit. If the latter, then the peak is still ahead, if the former, then we are past the peak, but the WIi still has lots of life in it.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

I think it has peaked, we're actually seeing HD outselling the Wii by a fair amount (30-50) weekly now for the first time in ages even with a 360 in decline as well. The DS is also heavily down and the PSP is grasping for straws.
All in all; like I've maintained all along, this gen will be a whole lot shorter than most anticipated.

The Wii will keep selling,but, I do want to know what Nintendo bring out in the 2nd half of 2010 besides Zelda.

I will possibly beat 2009, 2008 will be a close match

BoneArk said:
The Wii will keep selling,but, I do want to know what Nintendo bring out in the 2nd half of 2010 besides Zelda.

there are only 2 known Wii titles for the 2nd half of 2010 in the west. Zelda Wii and Wii Vitality Sensor. We also know that The Last Story and Xenoblade are 2010 titles and since there is no news of a 1st half Japanese release those are likely 2nd half Japanese releases. We don't know when they'll make it to the west, but those are potential titles.

EDIT: just checked, Xenoblade is supposedly a spring title (most likely Japan only) according to the investor relations meeting where the new name was announced.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Mummelmann said:
I think it has peaked, we're actually seeing HD outselling the Wii by a fair amount (30-50) weekly now for the first time in ages even with a 360 in decline as well. The DS is also heavily down and the PSP is grasping for straws.
All in all; like I've maintained all along, this gen will be a whole lot shorter than most anticipated.

How long do you think it will be?