By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has the Wii already peaked?

I think without shortages, the Wii would've done ~15% better within the first 2 months of this year.

The problem with 2009 was that darn holiday momentum. Without that, the Wii was down all last year but shot up in December....once something truly great for the system released.

Even if Galaxy 2 & Other M and MH3 and Red Steel 2 etc, aren't system sellers....I think the idea the the Wii is still being supported will convince people to buy it. Last year, the release schedule made it seems as if Nintendo abandoned console support (in the eyes of the general consumer, and even some informed ones). If the Wii is getting games that people are talking about and seeing commercials for, it will maintain demand. I'm pretty sure at least MH3 and Galaxy 2 will be advertised.

So to finally answer the question: Has the Wii peaked? I say no, it will peak this year (if Zelda and a nother 10 million seller make the holidays).

If it is down, it probably will be in comparison to 2008 as opposed to 2009, and the difference will be too small to scream "Decline/Doom"

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Remember how the DS kept on peaking?

The supply issues in the U.S may be its biggest limiting factor right now.. so really we can't say for sure

mM

Some decline. When it's close to it's best year, month to month. Wii spent the better part of 2009 living off it's name, rather than games. Hard to imagine the solid lineup we know of thus far won't at the very least, keep sales steady.

Also, we know nothing of the second half of the year. What we do know, is AAA games from Nintendo themselves a releasing in the first to mid-part of the year. And more than just one game. This is unheard of. Nintendo's way of saying sorry for 2009? Whatever the reason, it's a welcome change. But are we to believe that they'll have nothing left for the end of the year, when Move and Natal are set to launch? This late in the game, I doubt they'll respond with another hardware add on. So it must be software. This is the company that launched MM to help combat the launch of PS2. And I'm sure they'll use a big name title (Or titles) to do the same this time.

I think it has and here are my points
*$50 price drop and barely beating 2008 by a million
*Good line up this year and barely beating 2008
Now dont get me wrong the wii is still owning and will continue to own just now as much as it used to

Around the Network

i am no expert but my predictions points to 17 mil this year... this with no price cut...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

dirkd2323 said:
I think so , with PSmove and Natal comming, Nintendo is going to loose a lot of market share, Having a HD experience with motion seems like the best of both worlds. I think this is why Nintendo is so pissed off, they know it, and there not much they can do.

lol, no

HD + Motion will do nothing for the PS3 and 360, unless they can deliver games better than what is on Wii, and they can't they can't make something better then Wii fit or Wii sports

Wii wont lose marketshare to Move and NATAL

sergiodaly said:
i am no expert but my predictions points to 17 mil this year... this with no price cut...

17 Million, lol, no way, last year they sold 22 million, and Wii sales plummeted for much of the year, this year they have shortages, and are already up yoy, so no way they'll lose 5 million in sales

the wii peaked a year or so again but it peaked so high that even at its low point it is still outselling the peak year of the ps2. Even the ps3 and 360's peak wont be as high as the wii's low point.

kinda goes to show how bad microsoft and ps3 have had it this gen.. sad really

stupid ass people running sony and microsoft.

hello how are you.

I would imagine that it has reached it's peak.
I hope I am wrong

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash