By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF13 sales very close in UK: PS3: 54% 360: 46%

Great news Both versions top the charts!

Actually a bit surprised it was this close tbh. Guess those adverts really payed off for the 360 version!

Will be interesting to see full worldwide sales

Around the Network

So it seems that the PS3 won in Europe's 360 stronghold despite Microsoft's efforts... The gap between the two in the rest of others will be far, far bigger.

Not really a surprise. A good effort for 360, but understandable result in terms of the additional effort MS put in for bundles, advertising and trying hard to leverage their larger install base.

I expect PS3 version of FFXIII in UK to have stronger legs overall, as once the marketing/bundles push as disappeared the low level back catalogue sales are sure to favour PS3 more over time, so the final LTD split I expect to shift more to PS3 favour over time.

I'm still more surprised at the apparent interest in Heavy Rain in the UK - seems to have gone down particularly well to have shortages due to a clear underestimation of demand.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Wait

4.7 million 360 in Uk vs 3 million PS3s yet PS3 FF13 sold better even with FF13 360 only adverts.

That's not all that good.

if even UK doesn't have Xbox 360 version ahead of PS3 version in week one (with a much larger userbase + exclusive ad rights) then PS3 pretty much dominates sales.. still good numbers for both consoles though

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Damnyouall said:

UK is the only European country that still has more 360s than PS3s. Continental numbers (France,Germany,Spain,Italy etc.) will be much more in favor of PS3.

People need to realize that the UK is only a small part of Europe, and isn't representative of Europe as a whole.

who said it was? 

a small part of europe?

its by FAR the biggest gaming market and this is news item....   where is the problem?

Actually I've recently read that that's not the case anymore, both Germany and France market have grown tremendously, Spain and Italian and other EU markets have also grown. It's just common sense because UK market has matured much earlier and has been more videogame driven than other markets, as other EU markets grow, UK market share in the region diminishes.

expect 2 in 3 FF games on PS3 in Euro. The same for US.

All this will translate 70-75% of all FFXIII games on PS3 (WW).

UK and US are the only chance for xbox to outsell PS3

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I love how Legend spins this into a positive for the 360 when it has a much higher userbase in the UK.

Damnyouall said:
Sorry. All I meant to do is remind people that UK =/= all of Europe. UK sales are not representative of sales in the European Union as a whole. There are a total of 500 Million people in the European Union. 440 Million of these (= 88%) are living outside of the UK.

Yea, right. You were just trying to spin this in a negative way towards the 360 like any other typical Sony fanboy that hates the fact that FF is on the 360. I mean, I don't know how people will assume that this sales means Europe when the title clearly states sales in the UK.

Nice try hiding it tho!