By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF13 sales very close in UK: PS3: 54% 360: 46%

Still this shows more FF on 360 is a good thing business wise.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
9009pc said:

I blame it on two things.
360's larger market share in the UK and a misleading advertising campaign.

I blame it on two things.

360's larger market share in the UK and a misleading advertising campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGBhzw7gnoc

most people I ended up speaking to about it thought it was a 360 exclusive.

LOL Microsoft paid everyone and everywhere to advertise or write about FFXIII to appear as 360 exclusive. Even free paper you get on London Underground said something like "Xbox players can bla bla bla". I don't mind the game being multiplatform but that misleading advertising seemed desperate.

........I still to this day am shocked that anyone acts like the 360 version of FFXIII ever had a chance of outselling the PS3 version in any territory. Anyone with any credibility knew that the PS3 version would outsell it.

OT: Good knews to see XIII doing good sales wise and SqareEnix should be more than happy with sales across both platforms.

MontanaHatchet said:
I love how Legend spins this into a positive for the 360 when it has a much higher userbase in the UK.

That.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

MontanaHatchet said:
I love how Legend spins this into a positive for the 360 when it has a much higher userbase in the UK.

Userbase is pretty much irrelevant when it's obvious where most of the Final Fantasy fanbase is.

EDIT: I'd take 46%, rather than not having the game at all and people buying more PS3's for it too, if I were Microsoft.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Terrible numbers for MS.

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xiii-will-sell-more-on-360-than-ps3--165402.phtml

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2009/03/21/microsoft-final-fantasy-xiii-will-sell-more-on-xbox-360.html

How fast will people forget MS said this then be so quick to bring up something sony said?

i never thought it would be that close.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

UK install base is about 1.57 to 1 in favor of the 360.
America install base is about 1.70 to 1. The 360 version may actually match or even outsell the PS3 version in the US.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

SE knew what they were doing when they added Guns to this game! :)

Hus said:
Wait

4.7 million 360 in Uk vs 3 million PS3s yet PS3 FF13 sold better even with FF13 360 only adverts.

That's not all that good.

Considering all the negative press the 360 port's garnered, plus the historical brand association with PlayStation, I'd say it's pretty good honestly.  Both versions are looking like they're beating the the odds in a way, multiplatform was definitely the right move.