By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So does anybody else think that the hot topics section should be removed?

Silly idea-- I would elaborate but other people have already said my thoughts so no real reason to.

Around the Network

I rarely go into the forums from the forum tab, i use the hot topics...If i had to do it the other way round i wouldn't be able to choose which random title interests me and i would end up staying in "sales" and "Nintendo", with very occasional forays into "Sony" and "gaming"

and it wouldn't stop any "trolling" of a specific console because people can easily go into a specific tag and troll anyway.

It might cut down on occasional "bashing" (assuming i have understood what both it and trolling are) because some people who are prone to it might not bother visiting other areas (effort of opening a new tab is too much)

I think Hot Topics should stay as well. That's the first thing I look at, and I see many others saying it as well. I think if you remove a feature MOST people seem to love and make it more difficult (or not a convenient) for them to navigate, people will go elsewhere.

I would never have known Nights was rumored to come to PS2 without Hot Topics, or that some games got higher or lower reviews that were on systems I didn't check that day.

Trolling, as much as people complain about it, can REALLY stimulate some good discussions in a lot of instances. Just MHO.

Don't discourage discussion just when the sigt is exploding, community involvement is the BEST way to grow (i work in the internet business on the music end) and Hot Topics is doing more than you can imagine to help fuel your growth. With a vibrant community, you will grow at an astronomical rate.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

How else am I supposed to get my troll on?!

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Yeah hot topics has to stay! End of discussion. However there is room for improvement. How about arranging the topics in different sections. Top 10 hot topics for each section: a top 10 Wii topics, a top 10 xbox360 topics, a top 10 Sony section and a top 10 handheld section. A top 5 for the general, pc, sales and other stuff. All in different color codes.

Around the Network

As some others said: Hot topics are nearly the only reason I read the forums. I use nearly never the forum-site itself. I like the idea with the color-coding. I would even say, that if you are on a thread, the background-color gives you a hint about the forum you are on.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Sony should be black and Wii blue.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Although removing them *might* help the hate problem (which exists, but personally I don't think it's that bad), but it would also cut down the communications and purpose of the forums. It would be like the old saying of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Some of the suggestions of how things are displayed would be ok, but definitely don't like the idea of dropping them completely....

No.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

more like stop the trolling on the forums, i love vgchartz the way it is