By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye 007 vs Perfect Dark.Which is better to you.

Goldeneye 007 vs Perfect Dark.Which is better to you.

Total:0

In terms of impact Goldeneye is untouchable as a console shooter as it's the reason devs began taking console shooters seriously since it showed them how to do it well and it had better multiplayer maps then PD. PD had the better single player campaign though and improved on what Goldeneye laid down, as simply two games in camparison PD is better but in terms of impact it's not even a contest as Goldeneye is the God of console FPS'.

Around the Network

Golden Eye for sure it had this kick arse theme song, and the maps where just god damn memorial

Both are incredible, but Perfect Dark took the Goldeneye formula and improved upon it in pretty much every way. Secondary fire for every weapon, tons of cool gadgets, aliens, bots for multiplayer, endless options for tweaking multiplayer... not to mention the awesomeness of the Farsight XD

So yeah, PD for me.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Perfect Dark was the better game.

Though I had endless hours of fun alone and with friends on Goldeneye, Perfect Dark was in nearly every way the far better game.  The biggest improvement imo, was the insane amount of options for the multiplayer.  BOTS!  They made a local split screen game feel like an online game...was great to be able to add any number of bots and tweak their skill lvl.

...and when the heck are they gonna put a gun like that wall mounted proxy one back into a game....that thing kicked ass.

perhaps ill have to toss that game in the 'ol 64 and have a run at it.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
GoldenEye 007

The multiplayer maps in Perfect Dark are laughable next to the Bond game accept for the Facility which was in both. Also, remote mines are the greatest weapon in video game history.

Complex was in both too, and Temple.

In fact they are the three most awesome arenas, though Bunker and Archives were great as well. Carverns and the Egyptian on were good, as was the full version of the library/stack/basement trio (no point having two seperate halves when you can have the whole) I didn't like the Caves very much. Only good thing was the sneaky shortcut through the rocks.

Hot damn I forgot how good Goldeneye music was... that's one thing it has over PD for sure.

I can't believe I'm the only person who has mentioned counter-op.

Did I make the mode up in my head, or did none of you have friends that wanted to play anything besides deathmatch?

Khuutra said:
I can't believe I'm the only person who has mentioned counter-op.

Did I make the mode up in my head, or did none of you have friends that wanted to play anything besides deathmatch?

I remember counter op... but didn't get to play much multiplayer with other people in PD... like I said, I only bought it in 2006.

Perfect Dark. It took everything from Goldeneye and improved upon it. The sheer numbers of weapons and game modes were simply unmatched.