By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Other M was an on Rails Shooter

I'll send an e-mail of thanks to Team Ninja, once it's confirmed the game does not feature boob physics.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

dodged the bullet. Just barley.
Zelda wii is gonna be a on rails shooter

EL_PATRAS said:
dodged the bullet. Just barley.
Zelda wii is gonna be a on rails shooter

LOL!  Yeah and the next Mario too:  Shoot fireballs and throw shells at enemies...

Seriously though, if this was true we owe a lot of appreciation to Team Ninja.

thank god they never went that way or i would not have bought it. the exploring element in the game would have been completely removed as i don't see how it would work :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I found this over at IGN

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1076861p1.html

"Sakamoto used a specific instance as an example: he insisted that the game would be an on-rails side-scrolling adventure that used the Wii remote exclusively like an NES/Famicom controller. But Team Ninja really wanted to make it a nunchuk-analog controlling game for 3D foreground/background exploration. Sakamoto stood firm on the Wii remote exclusivity. When the Team Ninja came up with an idea that could incorporate Sakamoto's Wii remote focus into a non-on-rails design, he was skeptical -- but when he finally saw what they came up with, he thought the solution was perfect. They called it 'Famicom Game Plus.'"

Looks like what he said might have been misinterpreted in the OP's source.

Around the Network

All of a sudden I feel the need to support Malstrom hatred for Sakamoto.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Talk about twisting what he said...

Jowgen said:

I found this over at IGN

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1076861p1.html

"Sakamoto used a specific instance as an example: he insisted that the game would be an on-rails side-scrolling adventure that used the Wii remote exclusively like an NES/Famicom controller. But Team Ninja really wanted to make it a nunchuk-analog controlling game for 3D foreground/background exploration. Sakamoto stood firm on the Wii remote exclusivity. When the Team Ninja came up with an idea that could incorporate Sakamoto's Wii remote focus into a non-on-rails design, he was skeptical -- but when he finally saw what they came up with, he thought the solution was perfect. They called it 'Famicom Game Plus.'"

Looks like what he said might have been misinterpreted in the OP's source.

So basically he wanted to make it 2.5D and not fully 3D?

That would make a bit more sense...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Good ol' Kotaku, TROLLING as usual. $20 bucks says that Mr. Sakamoto meant a 2D ON RAILS experience, like Super Metroid. Not a first-person rail shooter like Resident Evil.

EDIT: Looks like someone posted IGN's clarification on this too. Good catch. Again, that's what Kotaku does....TROLL.

That would destroy metroid imo.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius