By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Other M was an on Rails Shooter

Thanks team Ninja, I'm in debt with you u.u

Around the Network

Lol Whut? Samus' Power Beam Training?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

thank goodness someone had the good sense to stop Sakamoto! that would've been awful :(

on rails metroid tells me that ideas are starting to run out. unless it was going to be a budget game.well even then.

That would've been a disaster.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

That's a pretty major game decision. Still, the concept would have probably worked or even led to an all new type of gameplay (possibly even using WiiMotionPlus). Frankly, I think 'on rails' games are sound. Heck, games like Resident Evil Chronicles or Dragon Quest Swords are great, but I think they just have two major flaws. They are just limited to the pace of the games character animations (walking speed) and the actions the character can perform (such has cursor movements or sword slashing).

With the Wii and using WiiMotionPlus, both of these potentially could have been overcome. And while I'm happy Metroid decided to forgo that type of system for a more traditional style, I still think other games, such as possibly a Dragon Quest Swords sequel, would do quite well with WiiMotionPlus.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

It's because on-rails works great for the cinematic narrative game Sakamoto wants to make. Not so much fun for the players though..

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

wow i dont mind on rail shooters, but there is way too many of them the moment.

I don't believe in God but... Thank God they changed it!1!!1

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Yikes. Major bullet dodged.

Though i suppose it makes sense in light of what else Sakamoto said today, that he prizes the ideas of mood, atmosphere, timing, and music in terms of creating dramatic effect, those elements could be perfected with a rail shooter, but then that wouldn't be Metroid at all, would it?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.